What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad air 2 says I have a virus

triciarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unfortunately I downloaded the app it told me to right away. It was stupid I know. I got suspicious when it asked me for my password. I didn't give it to them and deleted the app within about 5 minutes. Is my iPad now vulnerable? Can they get access to my info because I downloaded the app? Should I contact Apple?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, you do not have a virus. Second, provide some more information, e.g. what 'app' did you download? Assume your were on the iPad App store - correct? What messages appeared? Are you experiencing problems w/ the iPad @ the moment? Might just start a conversation w/ the right answers - ;) Dave

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi triciarp and welcome to the forum:).
To set your mind at rest there is very little chance that, (realising nothing is getting to be completely impossible in this world:rolleyes:) your iPad has been subjected to a virus. That is because the iOS system is not an open-source one that you find with Android or Microsoft systems. In that sense your (and everyone elses) iPad is "sand-boxed", which means your iPad cannot be interfered with from any outside source unless you have physically given it to someone to carry out any interferfering internal manipulations of its operating system. The latest system upgrades in particular have ensured SSL vulnerability patches which make it pretty much impossible for any virus to be placed onto your iPad by connecting to any web page, either directly or opening one via an email or an app.
So, to summarise my verbiage above, giradman in the post above is correct in saying you do not have a virus. And, as he suggests, if you have a specific problem, let's hear about it. Heaps of people here knowledgeable and happy to assist if you clearly describe what is worrying you.
So have a jolly, worry free time over this Christmas period and be assured that, even if you have been naughty, Santa will not be bringing you any virus:D
Regards, Andrew

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you download an app from the appstore it will defo ask you for your password to confirm that you really are the one making the purchase, regardless of price or what kind of app you are downloading. Also you cannot have a virus in your iPad because it is not an open source OS. Everything in the appstore are safe to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts