What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a virus on my ipad

Sameo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of talk about how you cant get a virus on your ipad but I have one. It says data null and has frozen my screen asking for money to be sent. Online there are instructions on how to get it off Safari but I use google and cant see how to do it. Can anyone help please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't use Safari for browsing, delete the app you're using (Chrome or Google?) from your iPad, and reinstall it.

OP
S

Sameo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Wouldn't that also delete all google documents and data? Would I loose my emails?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't lose your email. Gmail is an online account. This means all your emails are not stored locally (iPad), but on a server. It's possible to view them using a browser, like Chrome or Safari, or an app like Inbox or Gmail.

I assume you're using Google Drive, opening the files in the Google app on your iPad. Google Drive is online storage, syncing it's content to the iPad, but the documents are not stored on your iDevice.

When you reinstall the app, and login, emails and files should be there, ready for you to read and edit.

OP
S

Sameo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks very much for taking the time to help me.

Most reactions