What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music plays??

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So here's the deal, I'm listening to a book on my iPad, and decide I need to stop it and my music player immediately starts playing and it is such an aggravation. Same thing happens on my iPhone five, anybody got any comments or help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Shouldn't happen. If you have not done so recently, try restarting the iPad, or even reseting it.

If that fails, try removing the Music app (or whatever other music app is playing) from RAM.

Instructions below, in case you're not familiar with the tasks.

----------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the response, but the offending app is the music app that is included with the iPad. I've never been able to even remove one of the included apps. Any thoughts? Ill restart as you've suggested.
I might add, this only happens, or apparently happens when I am plugging it into a USB port on my automotive radio.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
rpapworth1 said:
Thank you for the response, but the offending app is the music app that is included with the iPad. I've never been able to even remove one of the included apps. Any thoughts? Ill restart as you've suggested.
I might add, this only happens, or apparently happens when I am plugging it into a USB port on my automotive radio.

I didn't mean for you to try and delete the app. As you say, that can't be done. What I meant for you to do was clear it from RAM, as per the first set of instructions below the post.

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have completed both your suggestions with regard to closing the app and also resetting the iPad. However the situation doesn't show itself until I'm in my truck at night listening to a book on audio and that that will happen later tonight so I'll get back to you tomorrow let you know if it had worked. Thank you for your continued help

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are you with the iPhone five and headsets,? I have an iPhone five and a Motorola Bluetooth headset that indiscriminately just starts playing music when it is connected to the phone and I'll shut it off, the music, and it may go silent for an indeterminate amount of time and then all of a sudden started playing again, any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have not used a bluetooth headset since I got my iPhone 5. I do have a Jawbone Icon left over from the iPhone 4, but have never set it up. It could not play music on the iPhone 4.

Not being familiar with the motorola headset I couldn't guess why it would start playing music on it's own. Sounds like defective headset to me, but it might be a glitch in the iPhone's bluetooth settings. Un-pair the device and pair it again, is the only think that comes to mind. That or Reset All Settings.

------------------------------
Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about re-pairing the headset, ill try that.

Here's another issue, how come my text messages don't work on my ipad like they do on my Iphone? When I try to use the built in texting app on my ipad ( the same one on my iPhone with the same contact list on both devices, I always get a error message that that contact is not in imessage. I have the cloud activated, and other stuff crosses both devices, so can't figure why texts don't any help here?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Messages on the iPad uses Apple's iMessage service. This only works with other Apple computers and devices, and only if it is set up on those devices, and only if internet is available.

The iPhone, being a phone, also has SMS (and MMS) service. If you have it turned on it will use the cell phone services to send messages to recipients whenever iMessages is not available.

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Messages on the iPad uses Apple's iMessage service. This only works with other Apple computers and devices, and only if it is set up on those devices, and only if internet is available.

The iPhone, being a phone, also has SMS (and MMS) service. If you have it turned on it will use the cell phone services to send messages to recipients whenever iMessages is not available.

I understand your message, but don't understand the concept I suppose as it's the same app it's on my telephone. Or I should say it looks like the same. My iPad is a full-blown it is cellular capability.
So is there an app you know of that will send to both Apple devices as well as non-Apple devices?

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the issue of my iPad music starting, I reset the iPad yesterday as you suggested, and last night I plugged it into my radio using USB term connection and started the book and whenever I stopped the book the music just started playing. Any suggestions what I should do now?

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're asking, but if I do understand I'm using the radio in my truck which has a USB input and then I'm using that normal power connection cable from the iPad to that USB input. This answer your question?

Most reactions

Latest posts