What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Native iPad 2 Music Player

Scyrax91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am here to see if anyone knows if it is possible to remove the native music playing app on the iPad 2. I am wishing to do this for several reasons, some of which being:

1) When docked, I cannot control or manipulate playlists.
2) It auto plays when I dock to my car, even when I tell it not to or stop the music.
3) I have a third party music playing application with an advanced EQ that I would rather use, especially since I can manipulate the device while it is docked.

However, the use of the third party app is greatly hindered by the fact that the native music player will randomly kick in while I'm switching songs, causing my currently playing music to stop and become replaced with random music.

Please tell me I can get rid of this annoyance.

I'm running iOS 5.1.1 on the iPad 2. The third party music player I want to use is EQ10.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the iPad's native music player (or any of the apps that came stock with the iPad, for that matter). All you can do is continue as you have, to use the music player app that you have. Sorry.

Maybe there are some settings you can set for the native app to stop it doing what you describe. I don't know what they are (or even if it's possible) - but maybe someone reading this can help answer that question.

Marilyn

OP
S

Scyrax91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's really lame. :( The stock music player is quite unfunctional, especially when connected to an accesory.

I have not been able to find a toggle switch for auto play or to allow library manipulation during accessory hook-up. Oh well, I'm glad this was free, haha.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you could remove all the music from the stock music app so that it has nothing to play? That is assuming your preferred payer imports it's music into its own sandbox.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you could remove all the music from the stock music app so that it has nothing to play? That is assuming your preferred payer imports it's music into its own sandbox.

I've been wondering about this, too.

I've got all my audiobooks on the Audible app, for instance, so never go through iTunes or the native music app to load or play any of them, and I've been messing with Amazon's Cloud Player app, which lets you listen to music via cloud streaming, or download to your device and play. I also use the Downcast app to manage all my podcasts (also can stream or download to device), because I've disliked the native music app for podcasts since Apple broke it in a redesign.

I think I could eventually move everything away from iTunes and the native music app, which I don't like for various reasons. (Among them: I'd rather use cross-platform apps, because I could centralize all my managing and apply it toward both my iOS and non-iOS mobile gadgets.)

OP
S

Scyrax91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The music player works mainly as an equalizer running off of the storage of music on the iPad. There isn't a way to sandbox the music. I'm pretty sure with Apple's ludicrously strict software rules that there is not an equalizer that can modify the system's sound as a whole, instead of relying on one single app environment.

Most reactions

Latest posts