What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music plays??

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
rpapworth1 said:
On the issue of my iPad music starting, I reset the iPad yesterday as you suggested, and last night I plugged it into my radio using USB term connection and started the book and whenever I stopped the book the music just started playing. Any suggestions what I should do now?

Having read this a couple of times it's sounding more like a hardware or interface glitch.

Do you have an iPhone or iPod, to see if they respond the same way when connected to your radio via USB?

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped using my iPhone five for listening to audio connected to the radio because every time I got a notification on the phone the volume went down to nothing. So I decided to try my iPad cutting off notifications and it's worked fine with the exception that the music occasionally starts to play when I stopped the audio.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having read this a couple of times it's sounding more like a hardware or interface glitch.

Do you have an iPhone or iPod, to see if they respond the same way when connected to your radio via USB?

Sounds about right to me.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but if I do understand I'm using the radio in my truck which has a USB input and then I'm using that normal power connection cable from the iPad to that USB input. This answer your question?

I think Twerppoet is asking what app you're using for your audiobooks.

I use Audible audiobooks and have never encountered the prob you mentioned. I started out synching Audible books to laptops/netbooks, iPhone and my standalone GPS device years ago, then started using the Audible app on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android devices, pairing with my car BT and BT Jambox speakers. I listen to audiobooks almost daily, and everything works well with Audible. I have only ever gotten a handful of audiobooks via iTunes, from years ago, and those still work fine as well.

Oh, I've plugged into my car via the audio jack and USB (only one of my cars has a USB input), and haven't encountered your prob, either.

Like AdmiralAdama says, it sounds like a glitch with interface or hardware with your setup.

Last edited:
OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't actually say it happened with both, as audible is most often in use. If it were hardware what would be my options as I'm now beyond the 90 day warranty

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How are you pausing it? The onscreen controls, headset, or other?

If onscreen, then I don't know. Still.

If you are using the headset, and it only happens with Audible, then it's probably a glitch with the Audible app. The Music app will start playing when you push the pause/play button on the headset, unless some other audio app is loaded. That app normally takes the controls away from Music.

I don't have Audible, so I can't test it. I do have Pandora and a few other Music apps, and they work as expected.

So test a bit more, and see if it's just Audible. If it is, I'd recommend contacting their support and seeing if they have a solution. My solution would be to delete and reinstall the app, but I'm not familiar with how you'd recover your audiobooks afterwards, so I think it best you talk to them; or someoner her who has the app and is more familiar with it.

Yes, I'm backing off the hardware idea. After more consideration it just doesn't fit.

If it's more than just the Audible app, then it's more likely a system wide glitch. I'd recommend trying to Reset All Settings. After that, you're probably looking at a restore; which needs some preparation if you don't want to lose content.

----------------------
Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
rpapworth1 said:
Can't actually say it happened with both, as audible is most often in use. If it were hardware what would be my options as I'm now beyond the 90 day warranty

The 90 day period is for complimentary phone support. Your device is protected by a 1 year (APPLE) warranty that includes hardware issues provided the problem is not the result of accidental damage or misuse. So you're covered.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated the app, and I have used it once since then. However;in the heat of the battle( trying to get it started while getting underway) I seem to remember now that the problem music, didn't start playing. I need to try it again and remember to watch it start. The problem still persists with my iPhone and the Motorola headset. Almost certain it has something to do with the headset, but that is a battle for another day!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, that's some progress, hopefully. Sounds like the headset is going to be an issue until you decide to replace it, with no guarantee the new one won't to the same; unless you can talk the vender into a trial run. That might be possible at a phone store on a slow day.

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you're right, I'm sure it's a Motorola headset Bluetooth situation, but I just haven't taken the time to contact them and ask them what I might do. It just hasn't been a big enough problem today that I'm taking the time to solve it

OP
rpapworth1

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's something That bugs the crap out of me about my iPad maybe you guys can shed some light on. All my contacts in my iPad at the same contacts are in my iPhone and I can text any those contacts contacts in my iPhone but cannot I continue to get a text message failure want to try to do the same contact with my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPhone has SMS, because it's a phone. That means that unless it's turned off, it can send text to any phone number.

The iPad only has iMessages, an Apple to Apple service. That means the iPad will not allow you to send a Message to a phone number unless it's an iPhone, and that iPhone has been registered (turned on by the user) for iMessages in Settings > Messages by that user.

Most reactions

Latest posts