What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad bluetooth

steve0360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad2 along with an IPhone 5, but when using 2 different bluetooth devices, I can only listen to music through the Bluetooth on the Iphone5, but not with the Ipad. The Ipad says connected, but no music, even after when I power down my IPhone. It is not my bluetooth, because it plays on my iPhone, and the problem is on two different blueteeth. I could see not being able to use the bluetooth on 2 diffent devices at the same time. My Ipad plays music when physically connected to a speaker, but not wirelessly. Any suggestions?

OP
S

steve0360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One other thing I might add, My Ipad worked fine with my headset bluetooth, before I had the Iphone5. To make a long story short, my ipad pairs and connects (according to the ipad) but will not play.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

Ive moved this to the iPad Help section as it was posted in the News forum where you are unlikely to get the help you need.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One other thing I might add, My Ipad worked fine with my headset bluetooth, before I had the Iphone5. To make a long story short, my ipad pairs and connects (according to the ipad) but will not play.

Have you unpaired your headset? Resetting it might also help. Some BT devices are stupider than others, and need help forgetting devices.

To rule out an iPad prob, can you borrow another BT headset or speaker to test? Or go to a store with BT devices and try. If you have a Target, Best Buy or such nearby, Jambox speakers are easy to pair -- just turn on and it will offer to pair.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find that I have to turn BT off on one device to get it to pair with another device. I'm frequently turning it off on my phone so I can use my BT earbugs with my Android stuff.

OP
S

steve0360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it to work. I had to unpair it from my IPhone, although that did not work right away, I also had to remove my Ipad from the Logitech cradle, which I use to charge and play music with a physical connection. Now the next step will be repairing my jawbone jam box back to my iPhone! Hopefully that will go a little smoother. Now that the word "repair" has 2 definitions, hopefully I won't have to do both, LOL!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pairing Jamboxes is easy. I have two Jamboxes that I interchangeably pair with my iPads, iPhone, touch, Samsung phone and tab, and two Kindle Fire HDs, and the Jamboxes haven't failed me yet. Love them. Painless and reliable.

Most reactions

Latest posts