What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, iPad keeps stopping when playing music

Johnj2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, having a nightmare at the moment. Use my iPad heavily to listen to music on headphones and via a bluetoothed dock. Just recently I have been experiencing a problem where the music just stops for no apparent reason, it starts again for where it left off once I press the play button. This happens both when bluetoothed and on phones, and happens at least every other track if not more. As you can imagine is doesn't allow for listening pleasure, more it induces frustration and my iPad is gong out of the window soon.

Hope someone can help

Cheers.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count to 10. Broken iPads and windows will merely lead to more frustration.

Have you tried closing the Music app in the multitask bar? That often sorts out a misbehaving app.

Another thing you could try is a hard reset. Hold down sleep/wake and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release and allow to reboot.

OP
J

Johnj2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, yes tried both of those tricks but to no avail. Don't worry I will open the window before throwing it out :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. It would drive me nuts. Applying some thought to the problem here. Is it all tracks or specific ones?

Laducsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this exact same problem and a hard reboot does not fix it. A quick google search shows that it is common, prolific and an iOS fault that Apple needs to fix.

I am writing this reply in the hopes that someone from Apple stops by here once in awhile and finds this thread and reports it.

Lord knows they won't care if I call! And if I ask a 'genius' he/she will likely just tell me I have a lot of pictures on my device like they always do or some other totally nonsensical, irrelevant thing.

Thanks, if anyone has actually found a solution please post.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this exact same problem and a hard reboot does not fix it. A quick google search shows that it is common, prolific and an iOS fault that Apple needs to fix.

Now you have not outlined the details of your issue compared to the OP, so I'm commenting based on his initial outline.

It sound to me like the bluetooth connection is getting dropped by either device. Remember, bluetooth is very close range, compared to wifi. The X factor in all of this is the Bluetooth speakers or device being connected to - the build quality of the device can effect the range and connectivity of the device.

Food for thought, hopefully others can chime in with further ideas.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try turning off the notifications for any recent (since the problems started) apps you've purchased, or perhaps updated. Just the sound part should be enough.

I had a similar problems for a while, only with podcasts not music. Eventually I figured out it was a particular app sending my a notification that caused it. The app updated recently, and it hasn't happened since, or maybe I've just been lucky enough not to get a notification when listening.

It's a bug, for sure. Whether the app's fault, iOS's fault, or a bit of both; who knows.

Laducsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would make sense. Bluetooth is terribly inconsistent technology with limited range.

But, I don't use Bluetooth. I leave it off and have no Bluetooth devices, for the aforesaid reasons.

I also leave most notifications off, and silent/DND mode it still occurs.

Thanks for the ideas!!

Most reactions

Latest posts