What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most expensive App you have ever bought?

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've for long been tempted to buy SG Project HD, but the steep £24 price so far discouraged me

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ingoiolo said:
I've for long been tempted to buy SG Project HD, but the steep £24 price so far discouraged me

I bought it and it's fantastic. It's a very powerful but mini Microsoft project and it syncs with ms project too. It's worth the steep price!

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently bought my first iTunes app card for $25. After years of jailbreaking, I'd thought with the iPad 2 I would support the develpers. So I bought Pages ($9.99) very useful to me in terms of school and notes. VERY happy with purchase. Only problem is, I now have $13 something left on my card and I dont know what to get :p

Deggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the OmniGraffle app around £40 its superb to create business flow charts and gets used regularly.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brindley said:
Just wondering what the most expensive app you have ever bought is, and was it worth it?/what does it do?

I've heard the most expensive App is iRa Pro which is $899/£499 which is basically ridiculous, that's an iPad 2 + accessories. Would anyone ever consider paying this extortionate price for an App?

Waohh

That sounds very expensive.

Mine was a Tom Tom Navigator and I think it was around £50 or even more.
I have bought many other apps which are in the neighbourhood of £30.

Regarding iRa Pro. I will like to know what it does and why it is this ridiculously expensive.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brindley said:
Just wondering what the most expensive app you have ever bought is, and was it worth it?/what does it do?

I've heard the most expensive App is iRa Pro which is $899/£499 which is basically ridiculous, that's an iPad 2 + accessories. Would anyone ever consider paying this extortionate price for an App?

I have gone to check the iRa Pro and I can confirm that the price is £499. I can also confirm that the facilities the apps offer may make it to be such an expensive software. It is for surveillance. If I have the means and there is need for it, I will not hesitate in buying it. Surprising it was released on my birth date and on the precise day I retired from active service. I am indeed interested.

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most expensive app I ever bought

The most expensive app i've ever bought so far was Pages (@$9.99), but I use it all the time. No regrets. I have recently become an apple fan (iPod, iPad, iPhone) and will complain how much accessories, apps etc cost. My husband yells at me, "how can you pay $900 without hesitation, for a piece of technology, then complain about paying $70 for a case to protect it?" It's all about perceived value, dude.:eek:

sarashah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a fortunate day when I was browsing the app store via iTunes and the MindSnacks French app was displayed... and it was free. So I was like, why not? and downloaded it. Of course it turns out it was a demo which gives you two levels. And well, I loved the demo so much that I just had to pay for the complete program!! At $9.99, it was easily the most expensive app I've ever bought, and probably will forever stay that way :p

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The most expensive app I have bought was my memoir, a journaling app which cost me about 6 US dollars... I can't really remember the cost. It's really good and the themes are beautiful, but it's a shame that I don't use it as often as I should. I'm also indecisive on whether I should get pages, which, at 9 dollars, would be my most expensive app if I do chose to get it.

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I just recently bought my first iTunes app card for $25. After years of jailbreaking, I'd thought with the iPad 2 I would support the develpers. So I bought Pages ($9.99) very useful to me in terms of school and notes. VERY happy with purchase. Only problem is, I now have $13 something left on my card and I dont know what to get :p

I'm always very wary about getting iTunes cards, as you pay a set price and then you end up not knowing what to spend it on, you're much better just spending your money on the App/book/song/film etc that you want from your debit/credit card, this way you are only paying for the thing you want and not looking for things to spend on your pre-paid card.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
35$ for the SlingBox application twice. I bought the first when it was only available for an iPhone and the second one when they optimized it for the iPad.

The SlingBox is a converter that sends television signals through your wifi network and to the web. You can listen to and control your cable or satellite box from anywhere from Internet and even things recorded on a DVR. Pretty sophisticated!...

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Quite useful. If one of my customers calls me and I need to make a quick change, or reboot a server, it's perfect.

I am serisouly considering this I am just worried that it will be too laggy and frustrating. Does it work well over wifi?

Yes, it works fine. I only have WiFi, and a MiFi 2200 Hot Spot.

After looking round the App store I have found an App that is exactly the same as LogMeIn but it is Free. It's called 'TeamViewer FREE' they do offer a paid one for £79.99 but there is no difference between the free and the paid App the only reason you would need to buy the fee paying app is if you are using it for commercial use, but I find that this App is exactly what I am looking for and is great! Saved myself £17.99! Thanks for your info about it!

Most reactions

Latest posts