1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

mobile substrate upgrade from cydia

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by nammi, Jan 17, 2012.

1. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I noticed when i opened my cydia there is an upgrade for mobile substrate ..

I am so reluctant to do the up date, since i read quite a few post that stating problems after upgrading mobile substrate ..

My question is :
    - What is the function of mobile substrate .. (In a not too technical terms)
    - What will happen to my jailbreak 4.3.3 3G-Ipad 2 if i don't upgrade and leave the mobile substrate upgrade just there.. (hopefully the 5.0.1 jailbreak will come soon)
    - IF I DID upgrade, and for one reason or another problems arised and my Ipad got stuck .. Could i restore back my Ipad to the current jailbreak state ? (I have installed Pkge BackUp) also safe mode .

thank you ...
  2. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    can anyone help ..plz
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Mobile Substrate is a core component of the vast majority of jailbreak tweaks. You should always accept updates for this component unless you read credible advice to the contrary from a trusted source such as this forum.

No such recent advice has been issued for Mobile Substrate, so you should update it. As always, you should protect yourself with a recent backup using a tool like PKGBackup before you udate.
  4. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    thank you for the advise .. appreciate it .. have installed the update and all is well ... cheers