What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Ipad 2 running 4.3.3 after upgrading Cydia

Liltizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other day, I opened up Cydia and there were a bunch of upgrades including Activator, IconSupport, Mobile Substrate, PreferenceLoader....during the upgrade, 4 tweaks were automatically installed=> Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons, Bug Fix: Stuck Pages, Default HD SBSettings, Substrate Safe Mode. Since that upgrade, my Ipad has been acting weird. Firstly, it never dims anymore, even after the preset 2 minute in the settings. My mail app also doesn't work anymore, clicking on the automatically crashes and goes back to the springboard. Even trying to opening its setting in the settings app crashes the Ipad to the screenboard.

Has anyone else seen similar issues on their Ipad

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Liltizz said:
The other day, I opened up Cydia and there were a bunch of upgrades including Activator, IconSupport, Mobile Substrate, PreferenceLoader....during the upgrade, 4 tweaks were automatically installed=> Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons, Bug Fix: Stuck Pages, Default HD SBSettings, Substrate Safe Mode. Since that upgrade, my Ipad has been acting weird. Firstly, it never dims anymore, even after the preset 2 minute in the settings. My mail app also doesn't work anymore, clicking on the automatically crashes and goes back to the springboard. Even trying to opening its setting in the settings app crashes the Ipad to the screenboard.

Has anyone else seen similar issues on their Ipad

Did you merely respring or reboot? Usually any update to sbsettings requires a reboot.

OP
L

Liltizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot. You're right, updates to sbsettings or mobile substrate reboots the ipad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can say is that I installed all these updates too on the same setup and things are working just fine...

Most reactions