What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mech Eng Mag loses data

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Mechanical Engineering Magazine App on my iPad Air.
The other night I downloaded several editions of the mag, yet last night, when I was going to settle down to read them, they were gone.

Is this a quirk of the App that downloads aren't saved, or have I got some setting wrong?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are lucky, someone else here has the magazine app and will be able to comment. If not, try looking at the app's description page in the App Store and going to the support link.

Developers vary a lot in what they offer for online support, but if you are lucky there should at least be a support email you can send inquiries too. Better yet there may be a FAQ or wiki-style resource for common problems.

Good luck.

OP
Vagulus

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem. Please let us know how it goes. It might help someone down the road.

Current State of the Disunion is that their Developers are working on a solution.

Not the sort of thing I would have expected from ASME. I would have expected them to get it right first time. However, it would seem that there may be a solution in the pipeline.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Current State of the Disunion is that their Developers are working on a solution.

Not the sort of thing I would have expected from ASME. I would have expected them to get it right first time. However, it would seem that there may be a solution in the pipeline.

Thanks for the update.

In their defense software is incredibly difficult to get 100% right the first time, and syncing is one of the tougher tricks. It sounds like it should be easy, but for some reason it's not.

Which, of course, means they really should be paying double attention to it before shipping. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts