1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New member needs help - Email app stopped functioning

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by ronallarson, May 29, 2012.

1. ronallarson

ronallarson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New Member Forum:
    I think I made a mistake by not posting last night to this "new member" forum. Here is what I sent to a different forum (re emails - no responses yet there):
    "I am several year user of ipad1 - with no email problems till few hours ago. When I try to open the email App,
    I see the input mail screen in background, with bright normal reply message (to one with 2 ccs) - which lasts for
    one second and then back to normal option screen. I can't move fast enough to kill the reply message
    Everything else works, and no problem at Comcast site for any part of email operations. I have rebooted
    several times. I have temporarily removed the email app using the minus sign approach. I have searched for
    several hours on this site - and found no similar email startup/death problem. Thoughts?
    I have plenty of storage left.
    My wife shares computer, but I can't switch user, since the App dies so quickly.
    If I killed my account using "settings" (saving hers ), might that work? ( I'd hate to lose address book)
    If I go to local Apple store, can they diagnose?
    Thanks in advance. Ron "