What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New i Pad - Several apps won't open

Boatcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
We purchased a new IPad about a week ago and have been using it without any issues until yesterday.
I had downloaded a book into IBooks and had been reading it every night for the last few nights. Last night I found that IBooks would not open. When I checked, several of the apps that I had purchased like "Numbers", "Pages", "My Radar Pro", "Dropbox", and "CloudOn" also would not open. A couple of free apps that I had downloaded "Calculator Pro" and "RC Plane 2" were opening just fine.

Not sure if it is related but night before last I attached the IPad to my laptop (windows) and it synched the I Tunes on my laptop to the I Pad.

Since then I have tried powering down with the button on the side, resetting the I Pad by holding the button on the side at the same time holding down the button on the side of the screen until the Apple icon shows up. Nothing has worked.

I just tried deleting "My Radar Pro" and downloading it again and that app is now working properly. Only problem is it cost $1.99. I don't want to have to pay for those apps that aren't working.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you purchased it once already, you can just redownload it with no additional fee.

OP
B

Boatcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I ended up doing. The only app I had to pay for was the "My Radar Pro" since that was loaded on the device when we purchased it.
Not sure what caused the problem but it is all working properly again. Thanks for the suggestion!

Most reactions

Latest posts