What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mail

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how can I change the mail settings from imap to pop?

I can't see why you want to, nor what it would achieve.

So far as I am aware the choice is not yours.. Some mail servers use one, some use another.

If I am wrong no doubt other members will correct me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on your provider, but for instance:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/77695?topic=12891

I use a combo of Pop and IMAP. The key thing is knowing the difference in your needs vs. features.

I own many gadgets and have some accounts set up on Pop specifically because I might want to see them on one device or another, and then immediately delete (and yet still be able to archive on laptop every few months).

Don't assume everyone's needs are the same.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
how can I change the mail settings from imap to pop?

Hi Rossetta - welcome to the forum! :)

Since you've received different thoughts & opinions, you might want to explain your needs and issues? In addition, do you understand the differences between POP3 and IMAP mail servers? If not, then please google 'pop vs. imap' and read a few of the hits - return to this thread w/ some more details on what you need to achieve w/ your mail - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts