IMAP error message in Mail on ipad2 - help?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by EvanHarris, Jan 7, 2012.

1. EvanHarris

EvanHarris iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I keep getting this when accessing my email: "Cannot get mail. The mail server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."

Thing is, I DO have the proper info in account settings. Can anyone help me out here?

I have checked my gmail settings under "forwarding and POP/IMAP" and IMAP is enabled.

It works on my iPhone and my MacBook, though am having some issues with Outlook there.

Cheers
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,209 / 1
    Sounds like you are trying to enter the GMail account manually. Don't. for Gmail IMAP service just use the default GMail setup. All you have to enter is your email address and password for the setup.

Or you can set up your GMail as an Exchange account instead. It's more flexible than the IMAP account. Most of us here do it that way.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help