Mail crashes every time I try to read a message

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by GAMESHARQ, Jun 28, 2015.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    A couple of months ago, I started having trouble rendering emails. New emails would come up blank and I would have to tap on a different message and then tap on the new message again for it to render.

Now the problem seems to be getting worse. Whenever I try to check a new email, the mail application just flat out crashes and I have to re-load it.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello - I'm assuming that you own an iPad 2 (i.e. forum where you posted) - correct? If not, please provide the correct iPad model and the iOS version installed on the device. When an app misbehaves, I usually go through the steps below; so, if not already done 'Force Close' the Mail app, and if not successful, then 'Reset' the iPad - these maneuvers might solve the issue.

But if not helpful, then you might need to check your mail settings - finally, you could 'delete' the account and set it up again - I'm assuming that you are using an ISP w/ a web-based mail website? If all fails, are you able to go to your ISP's website and retrieve/send emails? Dave :)