What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending mail to certain contacts crashes mail

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why when sending mail to certain contacts causes the mail to crash,and close,I have my sister and a friend now on my "black list" without even trying!
This is happening for months now....
Any ideas appreciated

Alberto

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If this is an online account: did you also try sending emails to those contacts through a browser?

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is an online account: did you also try sending emails to those contacts through a browser?

No sure what you mean by "online account",I thought all the so called "email accounts" are online accounts?
If so,mine is an online account (Exchange and /or iCloud)

Now,what is it "sending mail through a browser"?,if you refer to accessing a website and sending an email to the WebMaster,using a webpage,then the answer is no.....
I am just using my iPad2 mail program
Thanks

Alberto

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're able to access email accounts, such as iCloud, Gmail, Outlook and other, online, using a browser. To access iCloud, enter www.icloud.com (and request the desktop site, if you use Safari and the software on your iPad is 8x), then login with the email address and password. You're able to send emails to your contacts from there as well, not only from the Mail app of your iDevice. That's what I meant.

I was asking if this works in case you tried.

Try the usual fixes, if you haven't done so:
Force close the Mail app - double tap the Home button to reveal the multitasking bar, slide the picture above the Mail app icon towards the top of the screen.

Reset your iPad - press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both; the iPad will turn on on it's own.

Restart it - turn it off and on again.

Reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset. This will set everything you changed in the Settings back to default. You'll have to look at every setting afterwards and enable/disable what you need.

If this doesn't help, maybe restoring your iPad will solve the problem. Use iTunes to restore it. Reset your iPad afterwards, to remove minor glitches.

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you....
The problem keeps cropping up just using the iPad mail program,and the affected contact keeps changing every now and then,I did all you suggested,except for the Restore.I will postpone it until I am ready for it.

I access Outlook and use the iCloud adddress in my iPad and the problem happens with all of them as well.
Also,I noticed now that as soon as i open Mail the New Message window comes up.....

Alberto

Most reactions

Latest posts