What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certain emails crash mail program

jdpurvis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought the problem was better, but it is not. Certain emails, notably bulletins from Science, cause the mail program to crash and drop back to the main screen. I only have to select the email to cause the crash. When it happens, any emails that i have deleted during the session are restored, i.e. Mail turns to the state when I started it. Account is a POP3, with my ISP. As is usual for Apple, there areno error messages or other information that would assist with the problem. I have restarted and reset the IPAD, to no avail.

IPAD is an IPAD2, 64 gb, lots of available memory. It is an ATT 3g, but it doesn't matter how the email gets to the iPAD.

Anyone else seen a problem like this?

Any help would be apppreciated.

Thanks,

Joe P

iPadawannabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started noticing this a few months ago as well. It is only science table of content alerts that do this for me...they used to open fine before...

A solution/workaround would be great if anyone out there has any....

Thought the problem was better, but it is not. Certain emails, notably bulletins from Science, cause the mail program to crash and drop back to the main screen. I only have to select the email to cause the crash. When it happens, any emails that i have deleted during the session are restored, i.e. Mail turns to the state when I started it. Account is a POP3, with my ISP. As is usual for Apple, there areno error messages or other information that would assist with the problem. I have restarted and reset the IPAD, to no avail.

IPAD is an IPAD2, 64 gb, lots of available memory. It is an ATT 3g, but it doesn't matter how the email gets to the iPAD.

Anyone else seen a problem like this?

Any help would be apppreciated.

Thanks,

Joe P

Wilburight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem a few months ago and resolved it, but I've misplaced the URLs with the answer. In brief, there has been a particular email reported that crashes iPad's email app. You might have to Google an answer, but the culprit is an automated email notification that a previously sent email wasn't deliverable. Not every failed delivery notification is to blame - just a very specific one - and finding and deleting it via another method solves the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts