Mail and yahoo

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by liveloud14, Sep 7, 2011.

1. liveloud14

liveloud14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I have looked for a thread covering the solution to my problem but did not see one so forgive me if this is a repeat. I use Mail on my iPad to to check my yahoo email account. I can receive and send mails fine. My problem is it will only show a very limited number of emails in my inbox and will not properly search emails I need to find. I have the setting at 200 emails but it only shows a dozen or so and again the real issues is it will not search past emails that I know I have. Yahoo is the only account I have so I am not able to check to see if it is simply a yahoo problem.

2. liveloud14

liveloud14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I was able to search emails on my Android phone so it is not a Yahoo issue. Though I guess it could be a Yahoo issue confined to iPad.

Btw, I am not an iPad noob as this forum has labeled me. I have had the original since day 1 and now have the iPad 2. I am a noob to the forum however. Just a pride thing.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    Do you have your mail protocol set to the legacy POP protocol or the more up-to-date IMAP protocol. If you have IMAP, then you're able to search all the emails on your mail server - even if you have several thousand there, as I do.

So it's probably worth your while to switch to IMAP if you can. If you need any help to do this, just let us know.

Tim

4. wytey

wytey iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    indeed, using imap you can fire up an email app on any device and check your emails, and the list of emails will be consistent between the devices

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

5. liveloud14

liveloud14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, so on my MacBook I have created a IMAP account while still having the original. It did not pull everything in from the server. If I go online into my yahoo mail there are many more emails in my inbox. My iPad for some reason began to sync with the new IMAP because what I have on my iPad is now the same as what I have on my MacBook in the new IMAP account. Sorry to be a bother. I have not had this problem until recently. I used to be able to search through my many emails even to find email dating back to 2007.

Any help would be appreciated. I did not see the option on my iPad to simply change the protocol even while creating another account. When I tried to create another account on my iPad it recognized the old one and took me into an edit window. There was really nothing there to edit: a mail switch, a notes switch, and a calendar switch. I didn't change anything. After saving is when it began to sync and show what was in the new IMAP account on MacBook.

6. wytey

wytey iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Doing a quick search, it appears yahoo has had this problem before, numerous times too with no explanation