What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo mail connection failure

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Out of the blue, I am unable to download my Yahoo mail using the Mail app on my IPad 2. I am getting a "connection to the server failed" message when the app is checking for mail. I have other mail accounts set up in the app, and they are working properly. I'm also now experiencing this on my IPod Touch. The Yahoo accounts had been running trouble free.

If I log into My Yahoo on either device, I can check my mail ok. I just can't do it from the Mail app. This problem also occurs when connected via 3G, so that eliminates my router from the equation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you see this problem from both your iPad and iPod when using the Mail app on both devices this points to a (temporary?) failure of the service provider's mail server. When you access your mail via a web browser interface that physically connects to a different computer than when you retrieve your mail using the Mail app. How long has the problem persisted for? If it lasts for more than a day or so I would contact the service provider and inform them, though most likely they're aware of the problem. It may be simply a question on site maintenance because it's difficult to see how the problem you're seeing, on two completely independent devices, could be a problem at your end of the link.

Tim

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem started this evening. As suggested, I will give it some time to see if it goes away. My apologies for posting this in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is absolutely the *right* place to post it. It can be difficult to know precisely where these problems lay - so it could easily be at your end of the link. I'm a bit like you - as soon as my email goes down I tend to think it must be a problem at my end and I start changing all my email settings only to find a few hours later that it was the email service provider!!

Please, stick around the Forum and don't hesitate to post questions or comments. We want this to be a fun and easy-going place. Let us know whether the problem 'resolves itself' or if further work is needed.

Have fun

Tim

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Yahoo mail is now working again. It must have been on their end as it just worked like normal today. I was a bit too quick to ask for help- next time I'll sleep on it first. Thanks for the concern.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear!! I am exactly the same - I always assume the problem is at my end!! Hope to hear from you again.

Tim

sl_roberts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo Mail works on iPhone, but not on iPad

I'm another "out of the blue" person where today (since 10:04 a.m. CT) my iPad is not downloading my email. I get the "Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed." message.

My iPad is running on AT&T mifi and has worked okay until 10:05 a.m.

However, my Verizon iPhone is downloading Yahoo Mail just fine.

If I wanted to report it, where would I go? Yahoo? AT&T? Other?

How long do I wait it out before I try reporting?

Glad I found this forum! Thanks, Stacey

mcgratha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sl_roberts said:
I'm another "out of the blue" person where today (since 10:04 a.m. CT) my iPad is not downloading my email. I get the "Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed." message.

My iPad is running on AT&T mifi and has worked okay until 10:05 a.m.

However, my Verizon iPhone is downloading Yahoo Mail just fine.

If I wanted to report it, where would I go? Yahoo? AT&T? Other?

How long do I wait it out before I try reporting?

Glad I found this forum! Thanks, Stacey

I'm experiencing this issue as well. My Verizon iPhone is working fine, but my wifi ipad2 is suddenly not connecting to Yahoo mail. I've tried just about everything. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

SuzyQZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo Mail on IPad =0

Must be something going on with Yahoo because after checking everything I'm having same issue. Started, that I noticed, at about 2:00PM EST on 9.20.2011 and now at 1:20 AM on 9.21 I still have the issue. I can access my mail on the iPad using my browser and I can access it on my iPhone via both my wifi and ATT data stream via the mail app but nothing via the app on my iPad both via wifi or data. Weird but there is comfort knowing it's not just my iPad!!!!!

mcgratha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had success in getting the Yahoo mail to work once it has stopped?

fastroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. In the Yahoo mail setup, once the password is entered then the "cannot connect with server" appears. I have deleted the account several times but still no success.

Martaneely

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email won't load

I was finally able to correct the problem by emptying the cache and then emptying the cookies.

mcgratha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Martaneely said:
I was finally able to correct the problem by emptying the cache and then emptying the cookies.

How did you do this on your iPad? New to using mine and haven't investigated ally yet. Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts