What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problems

yui333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening,

I've got a problem receiving emails on my ipad 1. Yesterday everything was fine... and i received all my emails ok. But since today, i have been unable to receive any emails as yet. It keeps saying "Checking emails" and keeps on like that without receiving anything...

I'm using Yahoo Mail by the way...

What i've tried:

-Deleting and then linking the account back to my ipad
-Used a new yahoo mail account, and it worked fine
-Used a gmail account and it worked fine
-Factory Reset my ipad

after all this, i still can't receive my emails from this specific yahoo mail account...

Pls help

Thanks

Kajojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe your account was hacked. Have you tried accessing your mail on a different computer?

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem could be on Yahoo's side. Maybe wait until tomorrow.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely wait for a while. My experience, over many many years, is that worrying too soon that you can't get your email and making all sorts of changes is usually a waste of time and everything is back to normal the following day and simply the email server was down for maintenance.

Tim

OP
Y

yui333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got more info regarding this >>>

As of yet... the ipad is not receiving email from my yahoo account... it's been almost a day and a half since this all started

It just says... "Checking for mail" ... then it says "Downloading 1 of 44" for like a second and then returns back to "Checking for mail"

and it keeps doing that loop...

Here's something more also... i can send emails normally through this account from the ipad... and the receiver receive the emails i send...

Finally... i tried this on another ipad... and the same issue happened exactly.... which makes Yahoo 100% at fault here....

Is there a possibility this happened due to receiving too many emails... and having a large inbox??

I need this account to be working on my ipad urgently... this is starting to cause trouble with my work now....

Any ideas???

OP
Y

yui333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by the way... the email works fine through a PC. I also changed my password to see if that helps... but still nothing...

grammy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have the same problem since yesterday. Also with yahoo account. Spent hours trying to resolve it with no success,

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Yahoo account which I access through Safari. I have no problems. I have put an icon on my home page for quick access.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Czevski said:
I have a Yahoo account which I access through Safari. I have no problems. I have put an icon on my home page for quick access.

This or using another browser sounds like a good workaround for now. Are you using Mail or a different client?

OP
Y

yui333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the problem is still as is...

the thing that bugs me is that if you use a different email it's fine... just my main email doesn't seem to want to work on the mail client on the ipad...

OP
Y

yui333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i did that... i even tried resetting my ipad to factory settings...

i even tried it on another ipad... same thing...

i also tried setting up yahoo manually on the ipad... through its imap server... and the same thing happens....

i setup imap on outlook on a PC and it receives the mail normally...

i don't understand what's going on!!!

Bogdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have the same problem with an iPad2 :
The mail from Yahoo account does not appear on my iPad. There is a message appearing for a short time : Downloading message 1 from 50, but no message is downloaded.
It is also written : download more messages, 399 in all, 0 not read. When I push the button, nothing happens.
I would like to add that anothet Yahoo account works very well on my iPad, and that I can access my email account by means of Safari.
Pleașe help.

Bobali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email problem yahoo

I've had the same problem and did all the same things, could it be a problem with yahoo it's self?

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:

how do you put an icon on your home page for quick access? thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts