MagicJack App Not working on iPad 2 WIFI only

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by mbonet97, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mbonet97

mbonet97 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Ipad 2 Wifi Only, Does not work with MagicJack . The apps installed ok, and establish my account and telephone Number , but I can't make calls. It does flash when someone calls, but can not answer. It does say ready to use but I can not dial out or answer the phone.

I wonder if anyone else have the same problem, and if you have corrected this issue.

Any information would be appreciated since MagicJack Customer assistance is not available.

Thank you

2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Sorry I don't use MagicJack but hopefully someone will be along to help you who does

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

3. manic9803

manic9803 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just tested this app about 15 minutes ago. I did not sign in under my account, however I was able to make test calls. Haven't tested it with me being logged in. I simply downloaded the app from the app store and dialed out. No adjustments or anything needed besides a pair of headphones with a mic.

4. belajr

belajr iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not sure why your app is not working, but I have the magicjack app installed on my ipad2 and it works great. I have it tied to my existing mj account and I can make and receive calls with no problems. The only issue I have is that the app version doesn't seem to recognize that I have international prepaid minutes so it won't let me make calls overseas like I can with the same number via the computer. One thing you may try if you haven't already is reboot the iPad after installing the app, not just turn it off, ie, hold down the off button until it completely shuts down. Good luck.

5. angellike

angellike Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is your suggestion as best VPN for ipad? One that will not slow down the speed of browsing and will work with safari

6. candycane2509

candycane2509 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi peeps, I'm having some difficulty with my Magicjack app as well. It worked fine for the last two weeks and now I keep getting an error 3 message. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance.