What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can you make free phone calls to ANYBODY on the ipad?

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded Line2 but didn't realize after 7 trial I had to pay $.9.95 a month, boy did I drop them quic

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get the Vonage for iPhone app -- yes, it works on iPads, too. All calls within or to the US (or any US-based number overseas) are free. The only thing is, obviously, that you cannot receive calls on your iPad, so during the installation process, make sure to specify your cell phone number (or any other number that you have access to at that moment since they will call teh number for a verification code).

The app will ask you for a credit card for the pay-as-you-go option and/or to purchase a monthly plan, but when you get to that point just press the home button and exit the app. You only need to pay for calls if you want to call a non-US number.

Enjoy.

Most reactions