What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for Work/Home modes?

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app for the iPad like the Android app I have on my phone called Timeriffic.

What it does is automatically change my settings (volume, wifi, etc.) based on what time of day it is - for instance: at the time I start work, leave work, start the weekend, at night - etc.

Is there an iOS app that will do this?
Or is this completely manual on the iPad?

Thanks!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your jailbroken you can use SBSettings with SBScheduler to schedule your day by turning things off and on, on a schedule that you set up. I shut down everything at 12am and at 7am it turns wifi on and raises the display and ringer volume levels to a moderate level. When I leave for work I have it turn off wifi and turn the ringer volume and display way up. When I'm at work I have the ringer and display turned down again and 3g turned on, etc. I also have a concert/play setting that turns the ringer off, and turns on the vibrator to high and the display to medium. Saves a lot of battery life by having only the things you need on, when you need them only.

OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So... If I'm not jailbroken, I'm SOL?
[sigh]

If there are any app developers out there looking for a solid money making app idea - here's one for you! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants a way to change my settings automatically based on the time of day and day of the week!

Seriously... you could make a mint!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second that emotion, but I'm willing to bet that developers have tried and been rejected by Apple, probably because it requires a new API and Apple doesn't want to put one out there to do that, for some reason. If they any sense at all, it would be a part of the iOS and go a long way towards reducing complaints about battery life and giving people less reason to jailbreak.

OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're right - it should totally be part of the iOS! It's something so basic...

Most reactions

Latest posts