What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 wifi only question

irish1759

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a iPad 2, when they come back In stock. But don't want a 3G one if I can help it. Does any know will the WiFi only theather to the WiFi hot spot on an android phone running froyo.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
irish1759 said:
I'm looking to get a iPad 2, when they come back In stock. But don't want a 3G one if I can help it. Does any know will the WiFi only theather to the WiFi hot spot on an android phone running froyo.

Yes it will.

Millertv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad 1 wifi only 4.3.1 and can't get it to tether yet to my froyo droid. But I can tether droid to my iMac no problem. After i jb it should work fine,

So donka you're saying iPad 2 wifi only will tether right out of the box no jb needed?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It will be able to tether to any wifi hotspot provided you have the password. This must be a wifi personal hotspot though and not another form of connection. After that, the manufacturer is pretty much irrelevant. The iPad just sees it as a regular Wifi connection.

Last edited:

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tether my Droid X to my Ipad2 with no problems at all,have done so since the first day it came out,now my dx is rooted but this makes no difference in the process it will work either way:D

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a droid running 2.2. When those of you who can tether, are you paying for that feature or is there an app you use? My droid is not rooted.

Reaction score

Works fine on my Droid Incredible,froyo,non rooted
Verizon allows prorate on the hotspot feature,I don't want to root so if I need wifi from my phone I can get iron an as needed basis. I've got a 3G ATT ipad1 but if I need data I'll use my Verizon phone since I can prorate. At my house ATT is much stronger so I can use it if needed but where we vacation, in Luray, ATT is spotty but Verizon is vert strong. Around my most travelled areas both ATT and Verizon are good at worst

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a droid running 2.2. When those of you who can tether, are you paying for that feature or is there an app you use? My droid is not rooted.

Mobile hotspot is a paid service through Verizon that is an extra $20 a month,now if you root your device there is a free app called wireless tether that also works fine ( I use mobile hotspot but have used wireless tether in the past)

MaXKiLLz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tether my iPad 2 to my rooted droid using the wireless tether app. no problems.

powerup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MaXKiLLz said:
I tether my iPad 2 to my rooted droid using the wireless tether app. no problems.

So what rooting you use. I know no one with a rooted phone. Any help would be of great help

Most reactions