1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Kindle Region Restrictions

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Yoshiki UK, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Yoshiki UK

Yoshiki UK iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, so i got my iPad (i'm in the UK) and thought of a book i want. I try to find it on iBooks, but it isn't there, which is fine because the store is reasonably new. So I go to the Kindle store and find my book. But i can't buy it because it isn't available to buy in the UK.

Although not too annoyed, I began looking at workarounds. I've read one about purchasing gift certificate from amazon.com and then using it to purchase items in the UK, because it gets around using a US credit card.

I was wondering however whether this method still works or if amazon have figured it out and blocked it, because I don't want to buy a gift card and then not be able to use it.

Thanks.
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I don't know of a workaround for this, but Amazon has to protect themselves legally by adhering to the copyright laws of each country. This is why the iBooks release was delayed in Canada, eh. Besides, I believe they know where you are, not from your credit/debit/gift card location, but from your IP address.

You could always send you iPad to me and I can buy the book for you (for a small honorarium to my favorite charity - ME!) and send it back to you!