What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US App Store apps in the UK?

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

There are some apps which are available in the US App Store but not in the UK one. For example, I'm trying to get Mobile Magic Disney as I'm going to Florida in August. I have found in several places on the web a method to use a different email address from usual, logout from UK App Store and in to the US one and create a new Apple I.D. while buying a free app. This doesn't work for me as it should apparently show an option to not set up a Credit Card and use a "None" option. This isn't showing.

Is this a loophole which has been closed by Apple? Why does it matter which countries can see which apps? And is there a way around this please? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pretty sure the method should still work. There are two things that might help. One, the email address needs to be at least plausibly from the U.S. (i.e. it can't end in .uk). And you'll need to enter a U.S. address. Second, in order to get the None option when following the setup instruction you must be purchasing a free app. You can pay for the app you want later, using an iTunes gift card from the U.S.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

Most reactions

Latest posts