What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing an app from a foreign store.

GammaT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am english. Have an ipad which I bought in France but have a UK apple id. Apple let me make the purchase in the French Apple store with no problems. Perfect I can buy all the UK apps that I want. Problem is that I spend a lot of time in France and would love to be able to stream french tv on to my ipad. The apps are there but I cannot purchase them using my apple id - its only for the UK store. If I create a new id then I will lose all of my apps I think. Surely because I cannot use the BBC and other UK TV apps while in France I should be able to download TF1 to my ipad and watch some french tv. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks GammaT

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You won't lose your apps, you just need to create a french apple id using a french address and french credit card/itunes voucher.

When apps need update you will need to use the appropriate ID you bought them under to update them.

Most reactions

Latest posts