1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Purchasing an app from a foreign store.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by GammaT, Nov 15, 2012.

1. GammaT

GammaT iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am english. Have an ipad which I bought in France but have a UK apple id. Apple let me make the purchase in the French Apple store with no problems. Perfect I can buy all the UK apps that I want. Problem is that I spend a lot of time in France and would love to be able to stream french tv on to my ipad. The apps are there but I cannot purchase them using my apple id - its only for the UK store. If I create a new id then I will lose all of my apps I think. Surely because I cannot use the BBC and other UK TV apps while in France I should be able to download TF1 to my ipad and watch some french tv. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks GammaT
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    You won't lose your apps, you just need to create a french apple id using a french address and french credit card/itunes voucher.

When apps need update you will need to use the appropriate ID you bought them under to update them.