What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle Books and iPad

Ed Dayrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are kindle books readable in iPad? I see certain books I like to buy from Amazon, but they only have kindle editions. Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are kindle books readable in iPad? I see certain books I like to buy from Amazon, but they only have kindle editions. Thank you.
Amazon has a free Kindle app, available from the App Store. You can read your Kindle books in the app on your iPad.

image-2628680507.jpg https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/kindle/id302584613?mt=8

Last edited:

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. I have the Kindle app on the iPad and my iPhone. I rarely, if ever use iBooks or any other reader since my collection of mobi ebooks is up over 400.

OP
E

Ed Dayrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, scifan57 and Blue92. Much appreciated. Will download app and start buying kindle edition books from Amazon :)

xrayeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kindle paper white as well as the kindle app on my iPad and iPhone. I love it on all devices! And the neat thing is that it syncs between devices and remembers the last page read. You will love it!

OP
E

Ed Dayrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I just downloaded the kindle app on my iPad and bought my first ebook from Amazon. Now my new problem is how I can control my self from amassing new ebooks :)

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Kindle paper white as well as the kindle app on my iPad and iPhone. I love it on all devices! And the neat thing is that it syncs between devices and remembers the last page read. You will love it!

Mine isn't syncing "last page" and not all books on my Kindle appear in the iPad's kindle app - some do and some don't. I could understand, in theory, if none appeared but I'm puzzling over why it is some and not all that do not - what am I doing wrong?

Is there a setting I've overlooked or is there possibly some corruption which would necessitate a delete and reinstall on the iPad?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine isn't syncing "last page" and not all books on my Kindle appear in the iPad's kindle app - some do and some don't. I could understand, in theory, if none appeared but I'm puzzling over why it is some and not all that do not - what am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I've overlooked or is there possibly some corruption which would necessitate a delete and reinstall on the iPad? Any advice would be much appreciated.
how many Kindle devices and apps are active on your account at this time? I'm asking because many Kindle books cannot be downloaded to more than 4 devices and/or apps at one time.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine isn't syncing "last page" and not all books on my Kindle appear in the iPad's kindle app - some do and some don't. I could understand, in theory, if none appeared but I'm puzzling over why it is some and not all that do not - what am I doing wrong?

Is there a setting I've overlooked or is there possibly some corruption which would necessitate a delete and reinstall on the iPad?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sometimes, an update to the Kindle app messes up the sync (and I don't know why). If I may suggest, try deleting the Kindle app. Then, after re-registering the app with Amazon, see if that fixes the sync issue.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a limit to how many devices some books can be on at the same time...it depends on the book and how the licensing works for that book.

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I have only three registered devices - a Kindle, the iPad and an iMac which, to be frank, I never use to read books so it could easily be deregistered if needs must.

I'll delete the iPad app over the weekend as I am a tad busy right now and will be off-line for longish periods.

I shall, though, report back when I have done the deed - probably on Sunday or Monday.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have both Cloud and Device shown at bottom? i have a bunch of devices listed (i need to delete two.Ipad ones and a Touch) but generally just use my Air, my husband's 3 and they sync with our iPhones. If I "buy" a book to go to David's 3 it will be in the Cloud for me until I download it by touching the book and it will download to MY device. Sometimes i have to manually ask for sync to get my Air and IPhone to sync to right page. Luckily D and I don't ever read the same book at the same time but when I open a book he has read it will give me furthest page HE has read. i click on do not sync to furthest page.

Most reactions

Latest posts