What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kind of annoyed with Apple...

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Just found this "how to" video. The walk through makes it look like you can change your security questions without answering the questions on file,

Worth a try if you haven't attempted this already.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it sorted!

Another user had success doing the following:

I got some help from an apple assistant on the phone. It is kind of round about way to get in.

Here is what he said to do and it is working for me...

a. on the device that is asking you for the security questions go to "settings", > "store" >
tap the Apple ID and choose view"Apple ID" and sign in.
b. Tap on payment information and add a credit/debit card of your preference then select
"done", in the upper right corner
c. sign out and back into iTunes on the device by going to "settings"> "store" > tap the
Apple ID and choose "sign-out" > Tap "sign -in" > "use existing Apple ID" and you
should be asked to verify your security code for the credit /debit card and NOT the
security questions.
d. At this time you can remove the card by going back in to edit the payment info and
selecting "none" as the card type then saving the changes by selecting "done". You
should now be able to use your iTunes store credit without answering the security
questions.

Worked a charm! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Odd, but I can see how a valid credit card would triumph security questions as a means of ID verification. Though it would be a major pain if you didn't have a credit card to do it with.

I hope Apple is working on better methods. Actually, I hope everyone is. Safe verification is not a problem that is going to go away.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it fixed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last summer Apple asked me to set up my security questions. I was able to chose the questions and answers.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Odd, but I can see how a valid credit card would triumph security questions as a means of ID verification. Though it would be a major pain if you didn't have a credit card to do it with.

I hope Apple is working on better methods. Actually, I hope everyone is. Safe verification is not a problem that is going to go away.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it fixed.

I don't think that the credit card trumped the security, I think that as long as Apple has a guarantee of payment, security is immaterial to them. Shouldn't be that way and I hope they change it, but like twerppoet all my answers that iTunes, the bank, the government etc. are stored in a password security program.

Glad you got the problem solved and feel a little happier with Apple. :D

Most reactions