What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying problem with Atomic browser

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the Atomic browser app which I find to be excellent and way better than Safari, except for one very annoying problem which I'm unable to solve:

I use on-line banking regularly which involves a few security login steps. When I use Atomic to try and log in, I get to the last login screen but then it always reverts to the first login step. This happens no matter which browser identity I use. When I use Safari, I can login fully without any problem.

Can anyone help me solve this mystery? :confused:

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your bank have an app you can use, instead of the browser?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i use Atomic because i find it the next best thing to Safari, only because safari doesnt support tabs. but it soon will :)

have you tried changing the 'identify browser as' setting to safari desktop?

OP
C

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score

or any of the other options to see if one works.

As I mentioned in my op, I've tried all identities - makes no difference.

To answer the other question, my bank does have an app, but it's severely limited and not suitable for my purposes.

I could understand that there may be some insoluble security issue with my bank related to using the iPad for this purpose, but the fact that Safari presents no problem is a real mystery to me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

or any of the other options to see if one works.

As I mentioned in my op, I've tried all identities - makes no difference.

To answer the other question, my bank does have an app, but it's severely limited and not suitable for my purposes.

I could understand that there may be some insoluble security issue with my bank related to using the iPad for this purpose, but the fact that Safari presents no problem is a real mystery to me.

Don't know why the difference, but you might email the Atomic browser developers and ask. They seem on the ball about adding features. Even if you don't get what you want, you might get an explanation.

From my experience with Atomic, it has great features, but is more limited when opening various links and is more effective at blocking popups compared with Safari. Maybe there are tradeoffs being made in access vs. security? I find it weird, though, that apparently innocuous links won't open in Atomic. I've pasted ones in forum posts, tested in Atomic and found they wouldn't open, but opened fine in Safari, for instance.

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pop-up blocking could possibly be the culprit. If there is a pop-up as part of the security chain, then not seeing it (and thus not using it) might cause a revert to the start of the chain again.

OP
C

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pop-up blocking could possibly be the culprit. If there is a pop-up as part of the security chain, then not seeing it (and thus not using it) might cause a revert to the start of the chain again.

This sounded really promising larla, so I temporarily disabled ad blocking in Atomic but it makes no difference. The login sequence still throws me back to the first step! :mad:

I've taken some earlier advice and sent an email to the developers.... will keep you posted!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts