What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken what happens when I update

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see the update to IOS but wonder what happens to jailbreak. I know it goes away and they also have update but do I then have to reload ALL the JB programs or do they stay there? If i do will I have to repay? Thank you as this is my first time doing this.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see the update to IOS but wonder what happens to jailbreak. I know it goes away and they also have update but do I then have to reload ALL the JB programs or do they stay there? If i do will I have to repay? Thank you as this is my first time doing this.

Yes, you will have to re-load everything; they won't be there after an upgrade of the iOS. The good news is that you won't have to buy your tweak (or themes) again - as long as you sign in with the same account.

Before you start, may I suggest you make a list of your Cydia tweaks. That way, you'll know which ones to get back after the upgrade.

The best way to upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 is to (1) make a backup of your iPad in iTunes.

Then, (2) use the DFU mode of shift/restore to put a fresh new iOS 7.0.6 on the iPad. To keep it simple, "elect to restore from backup" when iTunes ask you how you want to restore.

Then, when it's finished and you are on iOS 7.0.6 - (3) run the evasi0n7 tool (version 1.0.6) to re-jail break your phone, this time on iOS 7.0.6.

Last, (4) using the list you created, put your tweaks back on the phone. Sometimes, if you are lucky, the tweak's "preference list" will have been saved in the backup, so it will just as it was before you upgraded. If not, you'll just have to sort it all out as you had it before the upgrade.

And, you're done.

Hope this helps. Holler back if you need more info.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To avoid having to manually re-input your sources and re-queue all of your tweaks one by one, you can follow this.

Most reactions

Latest posts