What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad 3 stuck in Recovery Mode after iOS7 update :'(

skittleyfeather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I know there are heaps of posts like these around and I am sorry in advance if there's a solution out there somewhere out there and I'm repeating the same question.

So here's the problem, I stupidly installed the iOS7 update on my Jailbroken iPad 3 after some apps started crashing a little (cos I thought it was time to be updated), and my device is now stuck in Recovery Mode. I tried using RecBoot, but it stuck in a loop and it doesn't work.

Help me out here? :'( I badly need my iPad and I really don't want to restore it.

Thanks in advance x

OP
S

skittleyfeather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, scifan!

So that means I should restore my iPad and then follow the tutorial? Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The tutorial will show you how to restore to the latest software version. When you carry out the instructions exactly, you'll restore your iPad and iOS 7.0.3 will be installed on it in the end.

OP
S

skittleyfeather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the really late reply. Was really busy for the past month. Thank you for all the replies! My iPad is up and running iOS7 now :)

sibibalu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi friends
i m also facing the same problem... So did u lose all your data... I ve no back up and my iPad is stuck in the recovery mode loop... Pls help.. I ve my baby s photographs from day

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi friends
i m also facing the same problem... So did u lose all your data... I ve no back up and my iPad is stuck in the recovery mode loop... Pls help.. I ve my baby s photographs from day
I'm afraid that unless you have a backup of your iPad, you will lose all your data, including your photos. There is no way to recover them from a device that needs to be restored in order to operate properly.

sibibalu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(:(Oops.... Any steps to downgrade it to the last working state..and from there on try a an iPad data recovery software or something ?..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:(:(Oops.... Any steps to downgrade it to the last working state..and from there on try a an iPad data recovery software or something ?..
I'm afraid that the iOS cannot be downgraded. There is no data recovery software that can be used, especially on a non-operational iPad like yours.

Most reactions

Latest posts