What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in recovery mode

McKie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I jailbroke my iPad 3rd gen when i first bought it, since then i have passed it on to my mum who tried to update it through iTunes. This put it in to recovery mode, I have tried to sort this via iTunes as requested by the iPad with no success.

I take it this has happend due to trying to perform an apple update whilst being 'jailbroken'. Is there a way to exit recovery mode either by updating to the latest apple firmware or returning it to the way it was ?

Many thanks in advance

OP
M

McKie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have tried the failsafe tutorial, it is still coming up with error 3194. I have altered the 'hosts' file removing all references to gs.apple.com I dont have a clue where to look next. I just want the thing to work haha even if it is on an updated firmware

Most reactions

Latest posts