What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting out of recovery mode

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score

hi
I have tried to update my ipad to os 4.3.3. as itunes started to update the ipad i got an error and went into recovery mode.
found the below thread and tried the trick in the video but didn't solve the problem.

the in the video he asks to hold the power and home button until the apple logo come up to release the home button.
but in my case after my release of the home button go to slide to unlock screen instead the 'connect to itunes' screen pops up.

can anybody help ?

This shows you the fasest and easiest way on how to get out of stuck on Apple logo, Restore Mode, DFU Mode and Recovery Mode. It also shows you the fasest and easiest way to get into DFU Mode, Restore Mode and Recovery Mode without assistance from TinyUmbrella or Recboot.

When downgrading firmwares or restoring your idevice, you may encounter iTunes error message 3194, 1015, 1004 Error Messages and you find yourself stuck in Recovery Mode, showing that "Connect to iTunes" screen. To exit your device from Recovery Mode, use the method in this video to get out of "Restore Mode" or "Recovery Boot Loops". You don't need software utilities such as TinyUmbrella or RecBoot utilities anymore.

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JB ? did you mean did I try to jail break it ?
No, this is the second time i tried to update the os. when it happened the first time i took it to the dealer who updated it ?

is there an issue with my itunes ?
or does downloading os though wi fi gets some errors due missing parts ?

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
previous apps

when the ipad is kicked off the recovery mode,
does it return to the previous state where you will still have the previously installed apps still not wiped off ?

danaleandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to this.... what video?

hi
I have tried to update my ipad to os 4.3.3. as itunes started to update the ipad i got an error and went into recovery mode.
found the below thread and tried the trick in the video but didn't solve the problem.

the in the video he asks to hold the power and home button until the apple logo come up to release the home button.
but in my case after my release of the home button go to slide to unlock screen instead the 'connect to itunes' screen pops up.

can anybody help ?

This shows you the fasest and easiest way on how to get out of stuck on Apple logo, Restore Mode, DFU Mode and Recovery Mode. It also shows you the fasest and easiest way to get into DFU Mode, Restore Mode and Recovery Mode without assistance from TinyUmbrella or Recboot.

When downgrading firmwares or restoring your idevice, you may encounter iTunes error message 3194, 1015, 1004 Error Messages and you find yourself stuck in Recovery Mode, showing that "Connect to iTunes" screen. To exit your device from Recovery Mode, use the method in this video to get out of "Restore Mode" or "Recovery Boot Loops". You don't need software utilities such as TinyUmbrella or RecBoot utilities anymore.

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this on Saturday, See my thread. BTW, don't you mean the new 4.3.4? Mine was ok in the end, I just kept on holding top and home button, waited for the apple logo then reconnected the ipad to itunes and kept on hitting the Restore button in itunes, It eventually did it, Took a fair few attempts though. I was sure it wasn't gonna work, did in the end though. It all went wrong when it was doing the new update and come up half way through the install and said something along the lines of "Unable to update Ipad or Bad Ipad install"

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danalendra its the below video,
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkf8O8wOoU&feature=player_embedded]‪How to Enter DFU Mode | Restore Mode - Get Out of DFU Mode | Restore Mode - Fast, Safe & Easy‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
OK - so that's a very poor video on how to enter DFU mode - which would not help if you were trying to restore a pwned device and as you have found out, is so inaccurate as to not work for the average user.

Why do you want to get out of recovery mode? What error do you get when you try and restore in iTunes when in recovery mode?

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
Recboot is from iH8sn0w, the author of Sn0wbreeze and iFaith among others and availble on his site. I didn't recomend this as, without knowing why the OP is in recovery mode and why he/she wants to get out of it, any advice is limely to cause more problems rather than solve them.

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry for late reply Confucious,

i was attempting to update my ipad with new os when i got into recovery mode.

why i want to get out of recovery ? I understand that I will lose my app if I restore without having backed my ipad previously.

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what is the purpose of Recboot? before I move to anything else I am now uninstalling reinstalling my itunes just to make sure it is free of errors

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
You won't lose your apps - they are all stored on your iTunes account so no problem there. Putting your phone in DFU means you will have to restore - just the same as restoring from Recovery mode.
I thought RecBoot was from iH8Sn0w - it's not, my apologies.
It's possibly worth trying, if not try TU to kick out of recovery.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tiny umbrella is a program that can exit your device out of recovery mode.

Tiny umbrella is a program for your pc

ldavis2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GenerationX said:

Here's a tip that will help prevent sync/os upgrade issues if you're syncing with a MAC. Before running iTunes, run the disk utility program and select 'automatically repair permissions'. Then run iTunes and do the sync/upgrade.

Makarand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reboot cycle, it happened to me also

Are you using windows on desktop and ipad combination?

GenerationX said:

Here's a tip that will help prevent sync/os upgrade issues if you're syncing with a MAC. Before running iTunes, run the disk utility program and select 'automatically repair permissions'. Then run iTunes and do the sync/upgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts