What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance. I don't understand anything about jailbreaking. Is there a link to somewhere on this site that explains it. Thanks

OP
J

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. - I just upgraded from the first gen 16G 3G to the third gen 32G 4G LTE and have always heard of jail breaking but sad to say I don't understand it and the benefits of it. I skimmed through the jail breaking forum but didn't really see anything for jail breaking for dummies.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a great thread to get you started on jail breaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=2838

Then, the next best thing is to read through this hacking section. There's a whole bunch of good info here...

Oh, and you'll have plenty of time to read, because the new iPad3 isn't jail breakable yet (but we're all hoping it's soon!).

Marilyn

OP
J

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks- everybody that talked to me about jail breaking but I didn't understand it and was ashamed to ask what it meant. I must be getting old (42)

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
Thanks- everybody that talked to me about jail breaking but I didn't understand it and was ashamed to ask what it meant. I must be getting old (42)

You are never to old to learn new stuff ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 32gb (jailbreaked) using iPF

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Moderator edit: Removed link to external blog site. Please read the rules. Thanks.] is a great blog site that keeps up with progress and updates about current jailbreaks and general apple stuff.

(sorry if links aren't allowed mods)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we aren't too bad a place to visit to ask questions and learn about jail breaking. In addition, with all our jail breaking tips and tutorials, I'd say we are pretty close to an awesome resource on the iPad and jail breaking.

I say all that to remind people to have a browse here in the Hacking section. It's chock full of stuff to help understanding jail breaking. Plus, the members here are always willing to chip in and answer questions.

All this to say - please don't refer others to another site (whether a blog or iPad-related forum) from within our own forum. If others want more info than that offered here, have a Google. Thanks. :)

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, we aren't too bad a place to visit to ask questions and learn about jail breaking. In addition, with all our jail breaking tips and tutorials, I'd say we are pretty close to an awesome resource on the iPad and jail breaking.

I say all that to remind people to have a browse here in the Hacking section. It's chock full of stuff to help understanding jail breaking. Plus, the members here are always willing to chip in and answer questions.

All this to say - please don't refer others to another site (whether a blog or iPad-related forum) from within our own forum. If others want more info than that offered here, have a Google. Thanks. :)

Marilyn

Surely there isn't any more info available than that given by you, f4780y and the contributors to the hacking section? You all do a great job.

The Archangel

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that a link to another site offering someone more or new information isn't allowed. I know what the rules say, but really why so worried about people going to other sites to look further into there concern or issue? I check other sites out all the time but I always come back here first if I have a new question or concern.

Most reactions

Latest posts