What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak ipad2 queries

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and am still confused a little about my issue. Would be grateful if I got some suggestions.

I have an iPad 2 (wifi + 3G) 64GB
iOS 5.0 (9A334)
Modem Firmware 04.11.08
SHSH blobs not saved

I would like to Jailbreak this iPad.

I understand there is no Jailbreak for iOS 5.0

Given my situation, can I upgrade to 5.1.1 and then Jailbreak? I don't want to try anything until I am sure it would work.
Any help or suggestions would be very very useful.

Thanks guys

jesrani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched the forum and am still confused a little about my issue. Would be grateful if I got some suggestions.

I have an iPad 2 (wifi + 3G) 64GB
iOS 5.0 (9A334)
Modem Firmware 04.11.08
SHSH blobs not saved

I would like to Jailbreak this iPad.

I understand there is no Jailbreak for iOS 5.0

Given my situation, can I upgrade to 5.1.1 and then Jailbreak? I don't want to try anything until I am sure it would work.
Any help or suggestions would be very very useful.

Thanks guys

From what I have understood, you will not be able to upgrade to 5.1.1 as 6.0.1 is now available. The upgrade will directly take you to this. There is no Jailbreak for iOS 6 yet. However there probably will be one in the months to come. But there will probably be no Jailbreak for iPad 2 iOS 5 (Do you have 5.0 or 5.0.1? There is a Jailbreak for 5.0.1). So it may make sense to upgrade to iOS 6 which may be better (I really don't know). But you would lose Google maps, as I understand.

Please wait for other replies before taking a decision as I have joined "Apple" world just a few weeks back and have no past experience.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jesrani - you've got it spot on. There is no jail break for an iPad2 on iOS 5.0 and, without blobs, there is no way to upgrqde to any jail breakable version.

So, prasadvenkatraman, my suggestion is to upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 and wait for a jail break there. Yes, there have been complaints about ios 6, but IMHO, a jail break for that version will come long before one for 5.0. Might as well get it over with and upgrade. :)

However, it's never too late to start saving blobs for any version currently being signed by Apple. So, my second recommendation is to download Tiny Umbrella and run it save the blobs for iOS 6.0.1. Then, continue to save blobs (of future versions) as you are able. 'Cause you never know...

Sorry to add to the "bad" news - but that's all we got right now.

Marilyn

OP
P
Reaction score
Jesrani - you've got it spot on. There is no jail break for an iPad2 on iOS 5.0 and, without blobs, there is no way to upgrqde to any jail breakable version.

However, it's never too late to start saving blobs for any version currently being signed by Apple. So, my second recommendation is to download Tiny Umbrella and run it save the blobs for iOS 6.0.1. Then, continue to save blobs (of future versions) as you are able. 'Cause you never know...

Sorry to add to the "bad" news - but that's all we got right now.

Marilyn

Saved the 6.0.1 blob already.
Sadly I just got my hands on this ipad this morning. SO did not have any opportunity to save earlier version blobs

not "bad" news. Was expecting this from what I had read... Just wanted an opinion from a super Mod :)
Thanks .. will wait for 6.0 jailbreak

Most reactions

Latest posts