What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak reset stuck please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i jailbroke my ipad 2 and i didnt like it so i wanted to reset it so i went to settings/ general/ reset/ erase all content and settings/ after that the spinning wheel appeared on the ipad and it got stuck on it. I cant do anything the wheel is just spinning is there a way to get it out of it or just wait till the ipad dies and try through Itunes?? Please help me! Thanks in advance.

OP
E

ekim223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do whatever you need to I just need replies on how to fix this

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So i jailbroke my ipad 2 and i didnt like it so i wanted to reset it so i went to settings/ general/ reset/ erase all content and settings/ after that the spinning wheel appeared on the ipad and it got stuck on it. I cant do anything the wheel is just spinning is there a way to get it out of it or just wait till the ipad dies and try through Itunes?? Please help me! Thanks in advance.

Oh my. You've discovered the one thing a person with a jail broken device should never do - use the reset options in the Settings app. Bad juju for a jail broken iPad cause it will always cause the "spinning wheel of death."

So, to fix it - put your iPad into DFU mode (tutorial here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=27489). Then, connect it to iTunes. iTunes should recognize the device as needing a restore and, with some inputs from you, it should put a fresh iOS 5.1.1 on it. Hopefully, you have a recent backup that you can put back on after the restore is done. Regardless, once iTunes is finished restoring, your iPad should be running stock iOS 5.1.1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
E

ekim223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update on this, I waited till the ipad died charged it up turned it on and restored it through itunes I use icloud so it backs up my ipad everyday so I didn't lose anything thanks for responding and trying to help! It works great now Thanks

Quezzi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look, I've been researching and my last resort is you guys, who seem smart enough to actually fix this. I have the same exact problem, but when my iPhone dies, I turn it on, etc, and like a minute after it just keeps resetting and I have to wait for it to die again and charge it back to just see the same thing cycle over and over again and it really frustrates me. I really want to try the method with the buttons you guys are explaining above, but my power button is broken, therefore making me not able to do as explained above. Help PLEASE!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look, I've been researching and my last resort is you guys, who seem smart enough to actually fix this. I have the same exact problem, but when my iPhone dies, I turn it on, etc, and like a minute after it just keeps resetting and I have to wait for it to die again and charge it back to just see the same thing cycle over and over again and it really frustrates me. I really want to try the method with the buttons you guys are explaining above, but my power button is broken, therefore making me not able to do as explained above. Help PLEASE!
Have you tried connecting your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and trying a restore? This will erase the iPad and set to factory condition. You will lose your jailbreak and your iPhone will be updated to iOS 9.2.1. You can then set up the iPad from the latest backup you have.

Quezzi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have tried this when it boots up, but about a minute after it boots up, it does the same old reset thing again and the loading bar is just there until the phone dies and I try again, only to get the same result

Quezzi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried connecting your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and trying a restore? This will erase the iPad and set to factory condition. You will lose your jailbreak and your iPhone will be updated to iOS 9.2.1. You can then set up the iPad from the latest backup you have.

Please Read Above

calassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For Apple system problem, we can use EDITED to fix, but all data in iPhone will be erased.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have responded to an 8 year old thread where the OP has not been back since September 2012. The OP was given the only answer that would work. There is no need to use a third party tool that does no more than connecting to iTunes.
This thread is now closed to further replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts