What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory reset 8+ hours jailbroken iPad 2

dannyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I just bought a used iPad 2 and tried to do a factory reset on it. Turns out that the iPad had been jail broken and the spinning reset logo has been going on for the last 8 hours or so. I did read a post from 2010 explaining how to restore the factory setting and iOS version via iTunes and the iPad being directly connected to a PC but my question is this: would performjng a hard reset while ghe iPad is still showing as being in factory factory reset ruin anything (more than I have already)?

Thanks in advance!

OP
D

dannyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen this before and this what what I had in mind. My question, however, was would it be safe for my to perform a hard reset while the progress wheel (from when I performed a factorg reset) is still spinning.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll be fine in following the instructions in the link that Scifan gave you. It's designed to take you back to the beginning, regardless if you are showing the spinning status wheel.

Marilyn

OP
D

dannyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. That answers my question!

OP
D

dannyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I know which version is currently being signed? I know the iPad had version 5.0.1 on it and there was update for version 6 that was not installed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8.0.2 is currently the only iOS version being signed by Apple for your iPad 2.
How do I know which version is currently being signed? I know the iPad had version 5.0.1 on it and there was update for version 6 that was not installed.

Most reactions

Latest posts