1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

JailBreak Crashed my Ipad any Help plz

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by khaledalihassaan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. khaledalihassaan

khaledalihassaan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i wanted to reset my ipad to factory default once i clicked on reset all my ipad restarted and shows me apple icon it have been for about and hour. note i installed the jailbreak on it, so any help please do get rid of this shit please :(
  2. GiPad

GiPad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Try holding down the home button, then hold down the lock button for about 5-10 seconds until it reboots itself. Once rebooted, if you sync it to iTunes, 3.2.2 should overwrite your jailbreak and restore it to an Apple state. This is what I did, and it worked fine. I jailbroke mine using jailbreakme.com , and I really saw no benefit (the way I do with my jailbroken iPhone 4), so I restored mine. Let me know if that works. Good luck!
  3. GiPad

GiPad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Another option I just thought of to try is that you could also restore from your last backup, if that was done prior to your jailbreak.
  4. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Plug in to iTunes, click restore.

If it locks up at about 90% (which seems to always happen to me.) download blackra1n here: blackweather

Run it and it will unlock the restore. It won't jailbreak it tho! It will just allow it to continue if it gets stuck.
  5. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    You should never press the "reset all settings" button on any jailbroken iDevice. It really screws things up. Your best bet is to put the iPad into DFU mode then restore in iTunes. I believe only DFU will work in this situation.