1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Jailbreak HELP Please Read

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Ddayz98, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ddayz98

Ddayz98 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought an Ipad 2 from Gumtree (the person reset it to factory settings) it worked perfectly... so i want to jailbreak it so I saw GreenP0isons knew Absinthe (0.4) Jailbreak... I tried it and it says "Sorry, the attached device is not supported" people on the internet say that you need 5.0.1 software downloaded (I have that!!!) and a Ipad 2 (I have that aswell) please help!!!!
    Thanks
    David
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    I've moved this to the hacking forum to get our expert jail breakers eyes on your problem.

The Archangel
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Go to Settings > General > About and tell us what you have in Version, Model, and Modem Firmware (if you have the last one).
  4. Sketchie

Sketchie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I believe that if you reset it to factory settings, it automatically updates the iOS to 5.1, which makes jailbreaking it impossible at the moment. That's what I think, anyway. I'm not an expert on this, but something like this has happened to me earlier this week when I decided to jailbreak it and had to restore it when it got all messed up.