What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbrake

saimjaveed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had jailbroken my ipad 2 with absinthe-win-2.0.4
apps on ipad run but do not display
then i install fruit ninja on it run but no other app displays
i want to un jail brake it
what i do?
i dnt have any backup for it and dnt want to remove anything

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot remove the jailbreak fully from a device by any other method than a "restore" in iTunes. Removing Cydia or other components does not un-jailbreak the device. Also, since you have an iPad2, your only option is to move to IOS6 as things stand today. You cannot restore any other version of IOS.

If you don't want to lose anything, all is not lost however. A full backup (using iTunes or iCloud, whichever you have configured on your iPad), will safeguard your app settings, media, etc.

So, the process you need to follow is...

1. Backup the device.
2. Restore to 6.0 using iTunes
3. Choose "Restore from Backup" when the process completes, and your app settings etc. will be restored, and following a full sync with iTunes, your device will have the same configuration as it had at step 1, but MINUS the jailbreak, tweaks, themes etc.

You should note, that if you choose to do this, you will lose your ability to jailbreak again for the time being until a new jailbreak is developed and released for IOS6. That may be many weeks yet. Nobody knows ;)

Good luck.

robnet77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot remove the jailbreak fully from a device by any other method than a "restore" in iTunes. Removing Cydia or other components does not un-jailbreak the device. Also, since you have an iPad2, your only option is to move to IOS6 as things stand today. You cannot restore any other version of IOS.

If you don't want to lose anything, all is not lost however. A full backup (using iTunes or iCloud, whichever you have configured on your iPad), will safeguard your app settings, media, etc.

So, the process you need to follow is...

1. Backup the device.
2. Restore to 6.0 using iTunes
3. Choose "Restore from Backup" when the process completes, and your app settings etc. will be restored, and following a full sync with iTunes, your device will have the same configuration as it had at step 1, but MINUS the jailbreak, tweaks, themes etc.

You should note, that if you choose to do this, you will lose your ability to jailbreak again for the time being until a new jailbreak is developed and released for IOS6. That may be many weeks yet. Nobody knows ;)

Good luck.

hi, I'm curious about this myself... is there a way to backup a working iPad with iOS 5 so that you can restore it when needed, without using iTunes and thus having to install iOS 6? thanks...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
robnet77 said:
hi, I'm curious about this myself... is there a way to backup a working iPad with iOS 5 so that you can restore it when needed, without using iTunes and thus having to install iOS 6? thanks...

Sorry, I'm afraid that it's not possible to do that. iOS updates and restores require a live connection to the Apple servers, which will install iOS 6, unless you have an iPad 1 which can't be upgraded to iOS 6.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts