What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to un-jailbreak iPad 3 from Absinthe 2.0.4

santoshsingh77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3rd Gen 64GB Wifi+4G. Jail broke it with absinthe 2.0.4 but not too happy with the jailbreak. Well now I want to restore it back to iOS 5.1.1 with bricking it. Have seen few blogs where it's mentioned to do it via iTunes, some warn against it and using tiny umbrella etc etc.

Could someone tell me the procedure to unjailbreak safely...... Cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
S

santoshsingh77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks dude...... Is there a way to restore everything including music etc via backup. I think if I restore like new then all my present music and videos need to synced again.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is just worth pointing out that the failsafe method is only really required if you run into problems :)

99% of the time, even with a jailbroken iPad3, iTunes will restore your device back to 5.1.1 if you just connect the iPad, start iTunes, and press restore! I would honestly suggest that first, and only use all the steps in the failsafe method if you run into problems.

And rest assured you CANNOT brick an iPad under any circumstances when restoring IOS. Unless there is a hardware issue, you can always restore an iPad back to stock IOS.

Finally, if you want to restore from a backup from iTunes or iCloud, that is fine. Jailbreaking does not prevent or interfere with that in any way. Once the iPad is restored in iTunes it will ask you if you want to set it up as new or from a previous backup. Choose the backup you want to restore from at this point and your device will be back to the way it was, just minus the jailbreak.

Hope that helps.

panz1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I have IPAD 3 64gb + wifi had jail broken it a weekago. Since then i had problems with airplay, so thought to restore to factory settings and jailbreak it again.

On the Ipad I went into settings and choose to run erase all data and restore settings to default. I have realised that's not the way to do it. Its been more than 2 hours and its still not come back.

Any way i can get back to previous state.

Please share your thoughts on how to recover.

Thanks and Regards
Panz

W0lfgang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I have IPAD 3 64gb + wifi had jail broken it a weekago. Since then i had problems with airplay, so thought to restore to factory settings and jailbreak it again.

On the Ipad I went into settings and choose to run erase all data and restore settings to default. I have realised that's not the way to do it. Its been more than 2 hours and its still not come back.

Thanks and Regards
Panz

Had the same happen to me earlier this week. The erase process has just gone into a loop since it can't get past the jailbreak. Hopefully you just need to hold down the Power andHome button till the Apple logo appears and it will boot right back up. Then follow either of the methods mentioned above.

Last edited:

panz1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mate, trying that now...the battery was completely discharged ....i have put it back on charge...Will let you know the outcome in a while.
Had the same happen to me earlier this week. The erase process has just gone into a loop since it can't get past the jailbreak. Hopefully you just need to hold down the Power andHome button till the Apple logo appears and it will boot right back up. Then follow either of the methods mentioned above.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
panz1151 said:
Hi All

Thanks and Regards
Panz

You will likely have to use this method to restore your iPad to factory settings.
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

panz1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks W0lfgang, i got my ipad restored to previous state. Thanks for your help

kohlerbkqn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3rd Gen 64GB Wifi+4G. Jail broke it with absinthe 2.0.4 but not too happy with the jailbreak. Well now I want to restore it back to iOS 5.1.1 with bricking it. Have seen few blogs where it's mentioned to do it via iTunes, some warn against it and using tiny umbrella etc etc.

Could someone tell me the procedure to unjailbreak safely...... Cheers

Hi santoshsingh77,

My Ipad 3 have the same problem with you. I want to restore back to factory 5.1 but unfortunately, I didn't backup SHSH Blobs for to iOS 5.1. Now I will try to restore to 5.1.1 iOS

Could your please confirm that after restoring to iOS 5.1.1, no more jailbreak on your IPAD? ( by using the tutorial mentioned by Mickey330 )

Thanks in advance.

Kohler

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi santoshsingh77,

My Ipad 3 have the same problem with you. I want to restore back to factory 5.1 but unfortunately, I didn't backup SHSH Blobs for to iOS 5.1. Now I will try to restore to 5.1.1 iOS

Could your please confirm that after restoring to iOS 5.1.1, no more jailbreak on your IPAD? ( by using the tutorial mentioned by Mickey330 )

Thanks in advance.

Kohler

I recommend you connect the iPad3 to iTunes and try to use the Restore method first. It's when/if you get errors that it's best to use this guide. As f4780y stated above, we have found that members are easily using iTunes to store their iPads ... here's hoping that the way for you.

Yes, after you restore to iOS 5.1.1, the jail break will be gone and you will have a stock iPad, just how Apple intended. The restore wipes out the old and makes it new.

I know you said you didn't save blobs for iOS 5.1 (which is okay because there will probably be no use for those blobs anyway). But, hopefully, you've saved blobs for 5.1.1 using Tiny Umbrella? Even if we can't use them right now or you don't intend to jail break again, it never hurts to save blobs "just in case."

Marilyn

P.S. I noticed you posted this question in two other threads. I've deleted those other two. Mainly because asking the same question in multiple places fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow any responses or updates. And, it's against the rules. Please keep any further questions or updates to this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

kohlerbkqn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Mod,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I used Tiny Umbrella to get the SHSH Blobs iOS 5.1.1. I think it may useful in case of downgrade in the future:). Is this OK if the file size of Blobs is only 10KB?

I am sorry for make duplication for this question because I found this thread at the end.

Thanks again,

Kohler

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used Tiny Umbrella to get the SHSH Blobs iOS 5.1.1. I think it may useful in case of downgrade in the future:). Is this OK if the file size of Blobs is only 10KB?

Oh, absolutely. SHSH blobs are tiny little things (mine are about that size). You're good to go...

Marilyn

OP
S

santoshsingh77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kohlerbkqn said:
Hi santoshsingh77,

Thanks in advance.

Kohler

Hi Kohler,

I have restored the iPad to original configur with iOS 5.1.1, Iam glad it worked without any problem by restoring from iTunes itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts