What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes latest updates - unhappy

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody

When I updated my iTunes from 11.0 to the latest one - LOT !! The interface is totally new with the latest update. To me it is not a happy one because I got used to the older interface for a long time. Also I simply don't like that "photo stream" and "iCloud" got installed on my Dell laptop without my permissions. I am unable to remove both of these from my computer. I really don't want them and they increase my boot time.

Shall I uninstall the iTunes and then install an old version 10. something version,the installation filesI I already have on a CD?

Then backup again all the contents from my iPad? I have not backed up anything on the iCloud or on the Photostream.
Would you advise doing this. I have iPad 3 with the latest iOS.

Thanks in advance

PRSS

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would not suggest down grading your iTunes. It's best (IMHO) to stay up with and keep the newest software...

That does not mean, however, that you can't make the new iTunes look very similar to the old. Here is what I've done to make iTunes appear as close to the old version as I can:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374152116.284418.jpg

As you can see, the key command (press both keys at the same time) Ctrl/B brings up the menu bar across the top, while Ctrl/S puts the sidebar back where it "belongs." :)

And, as far as I can tell (via browsing my installed programs), iCloud and the photo stream are not installed on my Windows PC. Yes, I can access them via my web browser, but they are not on the PC.

So, I'm a bit confused by that part of your issue. So, could you further explain what you mean? Thanks.

Hopefully, changing the way iTunes looks will help you get more comfortable with the new [and improved! :)] iTunes.

Marilyn

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marylin for the reply. That solves my UI problem. I managed to get rid of the iCloud while booting up and then showing in the system tray. But the Photostream is still there showing in My computer folder. I have attached the screen shot. I want to get rid of that too. I am 100 percent sure that these were not there before the update.

Any way to rid of this would really help.

With best regards
PRSSScreenshot.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aha. You must have "iCloud Control Panel loaded (?). It's a little program you get from Apple that supposedly makes it easier to use the iCloud on your Windows PC. According to Apple's web site, installing this program installs that PhotStream "drive" you are showing.

I don't have it so that's probably why I don't show that drive on my PC. I access iCloud (if-ever I do) via the web; it seems to work okay that way.

Anyway - I should think that uninstalling iCloud Control Panel ought to take care of that PhotoStream drive, yeah?

Good luck and hope that's it. Let us know either way?

Marilyn

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, I can finally put the sidebar back. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you 100 times Marilin. I got rid of it ! And the computer also boots up faster now. Thanks once again.

With best regards
PRSS

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay!

Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts