What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Secret Folder app - not showing in iTunes

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everybody

Through info I got by searching this forum, I installed "My Secret Folder" app (free - limited use) to trial run it. I now have to necessarily have this type of password protected folder as I am having image files/pdf files of contract documents and I would like to have them on my iPad for easy reference when I don't carry my laptop where these aare password protected. As these contract documents are confidential I would not like others to see this. I share this iPad with two of my staff for my office's professional use.

When I installed this app, I found lot of ads coming. But the app itself was functioning okay. I thought of purchasing the pro version. So to uninstall it I opened the iPad through iTunes. But to my surprise, I could not find this particular app alone listed under apps. So how do I uninstall this? Why dose it not show in iTunes?

Does this app jailbreak? I do not want to jailbreak my iPad. (if it has already happened by installing the free version of this app, how do I reverse it. I do not want my iPad to be jailbroken).

Finally (if all the above become false by your advise) please advise me on a very safe app to password protect images & pdf files - no need for .doc or .xls files - only image & pdf files. The app must not require jailbreaking. In case there are no such apps, please advise me so. I'll forget copying these files on iPad.

Please kindly answer all my queries - there are lots of them above.

Thanks in advance
PRSS

Last edited:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These are the reasons why it may not exist:

1. A "Pro version" may not have existed at all. You may have to buy iAPs to remove ads.

2. Its not available for your country store.

~S~

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled it - by installing Syncios. This app was visible in Syncios. I got rid of the app. Why it did not show up in iTunes is not clear to me.

BTW, a pro version of this app does exist. Now I am not taking any chances! I will not have such confidential files on my iPad. By Google searching, I don't get any real good opinion of such apps.

Best regards
PRSS

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I uninstalled it - by installing Syncios. This app was visible in Syncios. I got rid of the app. Why it did not show up in iTunes is not clear to me.

BTW, a pro version of this app does exist. Now I am not taking any chances! I will not have such confidential files on my iPad. By Google searching, I don't get any real good opinion of such apps.

Best regards
PRSS

Then one possible explanation is that it doesn't exist in your country store.

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply. What you say is possible - does not exist in my country store.

Best regards
PRSS

Most reactions

Latest posts