What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 and itunes

deaddrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have my ipad3 for a month already and still havent sync my files from my pc to it.So frustrating and really drained about it.
I used to have itunes on my windows vista laptop home basic.I installed it before when i got my itouch 3G.I just planned to use my itouch for my midi converted to mp3 music programs.So after i have sync the files, i decided i will uninstall itunes.Never thought one day i will have a chance to own an ipad.
Now here where all my problem begins.Didnt realize that reinstalling itunes back on my laptop will be that complicated.
Tried reinstalling the latest vesrsion of itunes but with no luck i cant.I asked apple and windows for help and tried many things but still i cant reinstall itunes.
theres always an error that says:
"There is a problem with this windows installer package.a program required for this install to complete could not be run.contact your support personnel or package vendor.

The installer encountered errors before itunes could be configured.
Errors occurred during installation.your system has not been modified.
Pls run the installer again or click finish to exit."

followed the instructions for that error thru apple advice,but still cannot reinstall itunes.I hope somebody can help me about my problem.
I wonder why apple is too dependent on itunes to sync files for its product.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure I can help you personally (I'm still new to this myself) but can you access iTunes from the app on your iPad?

Druminfected

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deaddrop said:
i have my ipad3 for a month already and still havent sync my files from my pc to it.So frustrating and really drained about it.
I used to have itunes on my windows vista laptop home basic.I installed it before when i got my itouch 3G.I just planned to use my itouch for my midi converted to mp3 music programs.So after i have sync the files, i decided i will uninstall itunes.Never thought one day i will have a chance to own an ipad.
Now here where all my problem begins.Didnt realize that reinstalling itunes back on my laptop will be that complicated.
Tried reinstalling the latest vesrsion of itunes but with no luck i cant.I asked apple and windows for help and tried many things but still i cant reinstall itunes.
"There is a problem with this windows installer package.a program required for this install to complete could not be run.contact your support personnel or package vendor.

followed the instructions for that error thru apple advice,but still cannot reinstall itunes.I hope somebody can help me about my problem.
I wonder why apple is too dependent on itunes to sync files for its product.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Yeah u should Not have this much trouble reinstalling iTunes, thats for sure. If ur still having problems installing itunes on ur pc, i can help u out when i have some free time which would be sun or mon. I used to do tech support, and can do a teamviewer session with u and see what the trouble is. Lemme know!

Im actually learning how to play songs/videos from itunes on pc and stream on my ipad

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deaddrop said:

Many things can cause a failed installation.
Incorrect iTunes for your windows operating system, 32 or 64 bit.
An incomplete setup or installation that is pending , nothing to do with iTunes.
Failed uninstall of previous iTunes.
Antivirus /firewall software could be preventing access to system files
Windows updates that are half finished
Vista also has user account control , perhaps it s blocking the installation.
Corrupt user profile.

Common misconception is to blame the software product when it is actually a user related issue.

iTunes is a good way to manage the iDevice hardware and software application, providing a database of your software collection, and making sure the iDevice is up to date, it handles music collections quite well seeing it is free!

Taking the the previous posters offer to remote connect into your pc and repair is a kind offer, seeing as it will take some effort to fix, word of warning is you don't know the person is so be a bit careful!
Finally you could try a windows restore to a point prior to you uninstalling iTunes , just make sure your data is backed up before hand.

OP
D

deaddrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@axis-yes, i can access itunes on my ipad3...
@druminfected...sure pls help me reinstall itunes...
@mickey330...ok ill check that out...i dont remember the version of itunes i had before...i was just reinstalling the latest version.
@bosvaark...im running on 32 bit...vista home basic,i already turn off user account control,if i remembered right i uninstalled it a couple of months ago if not years.I never thought i would have a chance to have an ipad.I used itunes before for my itouch.

thanks for all the replies, it makes me feel that there is till hope to reinstall itunes. I always think there was i just never met people who know so much about it. thanks also for this forum.

burmeese.queen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i am troubled by IPAD 3 SYN PROBLEMS.I recently bought an i pad 3 which has been jailed break to use 3rd party software.It was first synced on a laptop with a different id.Now the problem is I want to sync the ipad with my laptop with my own apple id.I tried so many things but failed.I tried to login to my apple id on my ipad over wifi but still cant syn it with my laptop.I am trying to sync using usb.Please help me out.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i am troubled by IPAD 3 SYN PROBLEMS.I recently bought an i pad 3 which has been jailed break to use 3rd party software.It was first synced on a laptop with a different id.Now the problem is I want to sync the ipad with my laptop with my own apple id.I tried so many things but failed.I tried to login to my apple id on my ipad over wifi but still cant syn it with my laptop.I am trying to sync using usb.Please help me out.

You can't change the sync partnership to another PC once it has been set up without fully restoring the device and setting it up again using the new PC. Sorry.
Also, please consider opening your own thread next time. Hijacking other peoples threads is frowned upon and is against our rules. Thanks for your understanding.

Most reactions