What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter app allows unlimited flash content to play on iPad.. For free.

imtilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iswifter Help

Does anyone get a time out message? After about 10 minutes of video playtime, I get the message to tap the screen or the video will stop playing due to inactivity. After I tap the screen, I get the message "Unable to connect to iSwifter". Anyone else have this experience?

imtilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iswifter help

Yes, and when I tap the screen an error message appears in the middle if the screen saying "unable to connect to iswifter". The message block appears in the middle of the screen. If I tap on it, the video stops and I am returned to the main menu. If I don't tap on it, the video continues to play, but is blocked by the error message.

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get that too. iSwifter seems a little buggy. These stops are not conclusive to watching videos or playing online radio. I'll wait before buying.

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, and when I tap the screen an error message appears in the middle if the screen saying "unable to connect to iswifter". The message block appears in the middle of the screen. If I tap on it, the video stops and I am returned to the main menu. If I don't tap on it, the video continues to play, but is blocked by the error message.

Same problem here. Keep hoping an update will correct this. Will also wait before buying.

ty6270

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone know of a better flash player, even if i pay for it. iswifter works but slow

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Puffin to watch videos in Flash. I have one site I have to watch training courses in and it is all flash so I found Puffin works best for me. It is not flawless tho. :confused: I'm sure one of these talented developers will get this one tuned up or someone will come out with an awesome one. Just waiting . . .

bedouin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about just ignoring services that rely on Flash, and sending them an E-Mail explaining why they should adhere to standards or otherwise lose/frustrate a sizable demographic who is more likely than others to spend cash.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about just ignoring services that rely on Flash, and sending them an E-Mail explaining why they should adhere to standards or otherwise lose/frustrate a sizable demographic who is more likely than others to spend cash.

Ok thats funny :) you realize that flash is a pretty standard software at this point and it's steve jobs that wants to kill it, right?

Oh the iswifter note it may have issue with flash sites but I think it is awesome for what I do. I use angel lms which I found out uses flash in their posting ( for discussions and email). I couldn't post with the iPad, or android for that matter. Since I teach online with it, not being able to use it well sucked :( rdp was the only real option. However this works for that beautifully!

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Standards have something called consortiums.

If you insist :) But you'd have as much luck asking everyone to email jobs and tell him to allow flash... There's no technical reason why he shouldn't. And 'standards' as you put it is a very chicken and the egg kind of situation. Things become standards because a large group of people (or more often a small group of very influential people - which amounts to the same thing) decide they all like one thing. This isn't just a computer concept. Things become standards because they are used and determined to be effective.

Oh, and of course you might as well email Apple to tell them to stop using quicktime for video - I don't believe that is a standard, is it?

However, if you want to just have a thread about what you think of flash, it might be better off if you create a new thread, as that has little to do with the op. :)

As I stated - this app may suck for some games and such now - I haven't used any - but for the one purpose I have that no other browser has addressed, it is awesome :)

Most reactions

Latest posts