What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter app allows unlimited flash content to play on iPad.. For free.

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried it. Slow as a molasses pond in the middle of winter. Tapping a hyperlink usually highlights random blocks of text on the page. Text is all screwy... Silly background makes me feel like I'm playing some infant's game.......

Overall, it's quite a mess at this stage - needs considerable debugging/development......
yes, but it does play flash! four stars!

Becky15349

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded swifter today and tried it with farmville but it was too slow to be of any use. Is there anyone else out there that plays farmville that has found a browser that it loads on quickly and responds quickly?

davelyds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Questions about method

I downloaded the app today, and used it using wifi to browse my website. My site contains over 300 interactive animations used for explaining automotive parts and systems.

Apart from a couple of random crashes, the browser worked very well, until I left the conference location I was at with its fast wifi connection and started to browse using a Virgin MiFi device. Then, I was still able to use the browser, but the animations played very slow and jumpy.

The way iSwifter works is this - in reality, it is not a browser at all - it is a streaming video / remote control program. When I enter my website address, a computer at a company called Blue Box Group LLC in Tacoma Washington (I looked up live usage on my site and saw that this was the IP address that actually accessed the animations I was viewing) opens the page. The app is designed so that any time I touch the screen, that screen touch (or keyboard tap) is transmitted to the remote computer. My screen displays a live feed of what is on the display of the remote computer.

The program will work very well when you have a fast internet connection, and are viewing a site that works well with Firefox (I'm pretty sure that is the browser used on the remote computer). If you have a slower connection, your experience will be considerably less good. This method of viewing flash is very bandwidth intensive I think.

The person earlier in the thread who was unable to view the UK Channel 5 web-player got the region error because it was the remote computer (in Tacoma) that was actually accessing the page - therefore it was outside the allowed region, even though the end user with the iPad may have been in the UK.

Nice app though - I'm impressed with the concept and the execution.

coolcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone else connect to iswifter web browser today? Is the server down?

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone else connect to iswifter web browser today? Is the server down?

Ah it looks like someone is having problems :confused:

I have just downloaded the APP and it is telling me my connection has slowed down and it is trying to adjust the quality then it times out?

coolcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plymouthred said:
Ah it looks like someone is having problems :confused:

I have just downloaded the APP and it is telling me my connection has slowed down and it is trying to adjust the quality then it times out?

Are you able to get to starting web page- google? Seems like iswifter runs on multi-mini virtual private server VPS units...when too many people subscribe or some users overload that same server you are on, you can't even start the web browser.

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
coolcat said:
Are you able to get to starting web page- google? Seems like iswifter runs on multi-mini virtual private server VPS units...when too many people subscribe or some users overload that same server you are on, you can't even start the web browser.

Tried again this morning 0700 UK time and it loaded fine. Watched the short highlights of a football match, good quality stream with the odd jitter here and there but viewable considering.

Sent from my White 32gb Wifi & 3g iPad 2 using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The person earlier in the thread who was unable to view the UK Channel 5 web-player got the region error because it was the remote computer (in Tacoma) that was actually accessing the page - therefore it was outside the allowed region, even though the end user with the iPad may have been in the UK.

Spoke with the dev who said this is being worked on. I hope it does as it is the one drawback for me using this app. Some kind of proxy or similar or a remote server in your location to do the heavy lifting would be good.

Most reactions