What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with iBooks

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had my iPad 2 for over a year now. I have the iBooks app and have never had a problem. But as you can see from the attachment that I have to this post, whenever I try to get into categories I get a blank screen. Does somebody know how to remedy this?

And the other question I have is if I have to delete the iBooks app itself, will I have to reload the books that I have on the shelf?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image-2520873597.jpg
    image-2520873597.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 605
OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Knightoftheapp said:
Hello,

I've had my iPad 2 for over a year now. I have the iBooks app and have never had a problem. But as you can see from the attachment that I have to this post, whenever I try to get into categories I get a blank screen. Does somebody know how to remedy this?

And the other question I have is if I have to delete the iBooks app itself, will I have to reload the books that I have on the shelf?

Thanks for your help.

I have an update. I took the plunge and deleted and then reinstalled the iBooks app. Everything seems to be fine, except that there is no "Categories" section where there was one before. Has anybody else experienced this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I noticed that the Categories tab was blank the other day. I figured it was just a glitch in the store, and would straighten itself out eventually. I'm still hoping that, maybe by an iBooks app update from Apple.

I'm guessing that the straightening out will be exactly what happened to you. The Categories tab will go away. It has been replaced by the ability to select categories from the top bar of the Featured tab. If you don't see the category you want, tap More, and all the Categories will be show.

Reaction score
Off topic... Sorry

Please help
I have finished looking at a book in iBook and now I cannot go back to the bookstand!

And while I'm at it, where do I go to start a new thread?

Hd

It's all good, I figured it out. (Touch the top of the pad!!!)
Proof it's way past my bedtime!

Hd

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
77Heavenlydesigns said:
Off topic... Sorry

Please help
I have finished looking at a book in iBook and now I cannot go back to the bookstand!

And while I'm at it, where do I go to start a new thread?

Hd

It's all good, I figured it out. (Touch the top of the pad!!!)
Proof it's way past my bedtime!

Hd

To start a new thread, exit this one and click on the box at the top right of the page, if you're in the app. You should see this pop up.

image-3047185373.jpgTouch the new thread button and you will see this.

image-2906266585.jpgchose a subject and type your post.

You do the same thing for each forum you wish to post in.

If you are using the website version of the forums and enter a particular forum, you will see this.

image-1129256295.jpg

When you click on it you will see this page.

image-912674700.jpgChoose your subject and type your post.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts