1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ibooks is locked

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by Vick, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Vick

Vick iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have been loving the iBooks app, but I just installed an ebooks search app for free books. I found a free book and loaded it on to my iBooks. Now iBooks seems to be locked. The free book is there and I can't get back to my library! I click the library icon, but nothing happens! Help!
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +769 / 0
    Hi Vick - not sure if this will help, but I would first try to 'Force Close' the iBooks app, i.e. open the multi-taskbar (double tap the home button or use the multi-gesturing movement, if activeated in iOS 5); find the iBooks app, press and hold until it starts jiggling, then hit the minus button - return to the home screen and try iBooks again - let us know if that works.

If not, then you might want to 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if not familiar w/ the maneuvers - good luck and post back if none of these suggestions solve the problem! :) P.S. - welcome to the forum!